Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my Gallery doesn't work now. Anyway to fix?

Mine didn't work either, but I use QuickPic, which does work.

I also see that while Gallery doesn't work something called My Gallery does. Same with My Music replacing Music.

Last edited:

WideBody

Reaction score
Issues with 246 update

Hi all, and thanks for this forum. Sorry to bother you guys, but th

My phone is currently on 5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US

I am not rooted. I have rooted before, but lost it on other Verizon updates. I still have wifi tether, so no need to root again. I tried just moving Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US(67246).zip file to the root of the sd_ext card.

I then did the Stock Recovery followed by update from sdcard, and selected the zip file. Here are the results.

-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapper". "4a........", "16ec...."0
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I tried wiping the cache and rebooting, with similar results.

Any ideas?

TIA,

WideBody

Droid 51

Reaction score
Ok im on 905 right now so do i need to use the hob or can i just install the leak like normal

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I am not rooted. I have rooted before, but lost it on other Verizon updates. I still have wifi tether, so no need to root again. I tried just moving Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US(67246).zip file to the root of the sd_ext card.

I then did the Stock Recovery followed by update from sdcard, and selected the zip file. Here are the results.

-- Install /sdcard ...
Installing update...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/logwrapper". "4a........", "16ec...."0
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Any ideas?

TIA,

WideBody

Didn't tell ALL the information in that little story. Left out the part about having boostrap recovery installed. Which, you can't. :)

jcwilliams

Reaction score
WideBody said:

-- Install /sdcard ...
Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Any ideas?

TIA,

WideBody

You need to use the hob to install them.

WideBody

Reaction score
Thank you

SamuriHL,

Your are very observant. Yes I did indeed have bootstrap recovery installed. It has now been uninstalled. :)

Thanks,

-WideBody

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've been around the block a couple times. ;) Just removing the app won't fix it. Personally I'd just use the HoB to install it and have it take care of all this for you. Otherwise you have to manually clean up the files from the bootstrap recovery install. Like I said, removing the app doesn't remove the remnants.

Droid 51

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Either way is fine.

Thank u and when i get a chance i need to do my wifes phone and i will try the hob then but thanks for all the help

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
I'm actually going to do an update this weekend to add a couple features I think people can use. However, the HoB is done in the sense that functionality for installing updates and utilizing FXZ's has been feature complete for some time now. Recent improvements have been in areas of usability and adding some functions that people find useful. I could leave it at 8.1 and it'd function perfectly fine going forward. All that's needed is to drop a new FXZ in place (I'm working on acquiring that....when it shows up on the servers we'll have it) and you're set up for whatever new leaks come our way. I spent a lot of time in making it "self sustaining" in case I don't have time in the future to deal with it or I decide to get a new phone. With JB just around the corner, the usefulness of the HoB is only in round 1. We worked out all the bugs, usability issues, and functionality during the 11 ICS builds. Now it's rock solid, battle tested, and ready to go for JB. Users have learned to trust it as their "goto" utility for Bionic. That trust came through a lot of effort. I won't throw that away and would like to see the HoB continue to be relevant going forward. I think it's in a good place to do exactly that.

Geez, all hail sam and sarge! ! Best customer support ive ever seen!

WideBody

Reaction score
Thank you SamuriHL

Thank you for the very prompt response. :hail:

I used your House of Bionic with no problem at all. Very smooth upgrade to ICE, seems like a new phone.

Now if I can just find a kernel to let me over clock to say 1.2 Ghz. I hope that is allowed here.

-WideBody

-

dylanear

Reaction score
That will break the gallery. Just want you to understand.

This is something Motorola needed to have fixed, short of that they need a warning prompt with a chance to cancel/postpone the update. Something that will send your phone into a potentially 12 hour or more frozen state, that will require a factory reset to properly clean up if it's not left to complete is beyond unacceptable. Could they not known about this? Surely they had to know! And if they never tested the update with a decent sized media database, that's a failure too!

I pulled my battery after about 4 hours. I had 40+GB of music, so given your warning Sam and other reports of 12+ hour wait times I figured mine could have taken well over 16 hours. I checked the gallery, it was hosed so I did the reset.

It's all good now. And funny thing, once I put the card back in, all my media was fine and was available to play. So I just do not see how this super long Media Database Update is useful in any meaningful way. WHAT THE HECK IS IT DOING???!!!! There was some weirdness with my album art, but that was a mess before.

Or Motorola should have just pointed out Sam's FAQ to everyone in their soak emails! ;)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LOL. If they did, people might have said "screw the wait, I'm HoB'ing this B***CH!" :D Oh, wait, half the people with bionics did that today. Trust me, I've spent my whole day doing support...