Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

Slinger182

Reaction score
82DMC12 said:
I've been stuck on "upgrading media database" for over 15 hrs. I do have about 28 gig of music on my sd. This is beyond insane. I'm going to have to pull my battery and reboot because I need my phone for work. Huge fail if the general public has to go through this!!

Mine was stuck for over an hour. I don't think I lost anything and all seems fine.

82DMC12

Reaction score
That will break the gallery. Just want you to understand.
Thanks, I read that earlier in the thread. I'm currently moving my music off my SD. When I'm done I'm thinking I should - Go to recovery, wipe dataGo to HoB and reinstall 246Is that the correct sequence to fix this mess?Thanks,Andy

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, I read that earlier in the thread. I'm currently moving my music off my SD. When I'm done I'm thinking I should - Go to recovery, wipe dataGo to HoB and reinstall 246Is that the correct sequence to fix this mess?Thanks,Andy

No. Just boot into recovery and do a factory reset. No need to reinstall anything with the HoB. After the factory reset you'll have to reinstall your apps and data.

grgguy

Reaction score
Sam, now that your job is nearly done. Will we be seeing anymore updates to the HOB? Or is 8.1 going to be the final build? What is the future of the HOB?
While were on the subject whats going to happen with the moot? What are we supposed to to do now without 20-30 pages of reading to do everyday?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm actually going to do an update this weekend to add a couple features I think people can use. However, the HoB is done in the sense that functionality for installing updates and utilizing FXZ's has been feature complete for some time now. Recent improvements have been in areas of usability and adding some functions that people find useful. I could leave it at 8.1 and it'd function perfectly fine going forward. All that's needed is to drop a new FXZ in place (I'm working on acquiring that....when it shows up on the servers we'll have it) and you're set up for whatever new leaks come our way. I spent a lot of time in making it "self sustaining" in case I don't have time in the future to deal with it or I decide to get a new phone. With JB just around the corner, the usefulness of the HoB is only in round 1. We worked out all the bugs, usability issues, and functionality during the 11 ICS builds. Now it's rock solid, battle tested, and ready to go for JB. Users have learned to trust it as their "goto" utility for Bionic. That trust came through a lot of effort. I won't throw that away and would like to see the HoB continue to be relevant going forward. I think it's in a good place to do exactly that.

Slinger182

Reaction score
82DMC12 said:
Check your photo gallery. As Samuri says, my gallery won't load anything, it just has the teal background.

Just checked it and everything is there.

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm actually going to do an update this weekend to add a couple features I think people can use. However, the HoB is done in the sense that functionality for installing updates and utilizing FXZ's has been feature complete for some time now. Recent improvements have been in areas of usability and adding some functions that people find useful. I could leave it at 8.1 and it'd function perfectly fine going forward. All that's needed is to drop a new FXZ in place (I'm working on acquiring that....when it shows up on the servers we'll have it) and you're set up for whatever new leaks come our way. I spent a lot of time in making it "self sustaining" in case I don't have time in the future to deal with it or I decide to get a new phone. With JB just around the corner, the usefulness of the HoB is only in round 1. We worked out all the bugs, usability issues, and functionality during the 11 ICS builds. Now it's rock solid, battle tested, and ready to go for JB. Users have learned to trust it as their "goto" utility for Bionic. That trust came through a lot of effort. I won't throw that away and would like to see the HoB continue to be relevant going forward. I think it's in a good place to do exactly that.

Cool, I was worried that you might move on to greener pastures now that the OTA finally hit. I'm happy to hear it will be here for the JB leaks when they start to pop up. Once again Thanks for all your hard work!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Cool, I was worried that you might move on to greener pastures now that the OTA finally hit. I'm happy to hear it will be here for the JB leaks when they start to pop up. Once again Thanks for all your hard work!

Don't worry, the HoB will be around.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea people have tried to figure out how they do it. It seems COMPLETELY random. Maybe Punit Soni sits in his office throwing darts at lists of phone numbers. :D

When the OG Droid got its first update in Dec '09 someone created a Google map where anyone could "stick a pin" to show where and when they got it. No "ripples on a pond" sort of thing, just popping up like freckles here and there.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When the OG Droid got its first update in Dec '09 someone created a Google map where anyone could "stick a pin" to show where and when they got it. No "ripples on a pond" sort of thing, just popping up like freckles here and there.

Yea I remember. It's very odd. But, hey, that's all good. The update will push out over the next several days. Apparently Moto just ended the soak and are now doing the full OTA (um, ok....they were doing both anyway, so...)