ICS question

stemo

Reaction score
For those that are running the ICS leak how is the battery life?

foxxx

Reaction score
Any idea how to make battery better since that ics rolled out.....really disappoints after the beautiful battery life i experienced pout of the box only to have this ics upgrade sick the life out of my battery.....guess its back to t asking the recharger every where i go.....RAZR maxx.....to RAZR maxx drain

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are some other discussions on this site about improving battery life. Two recommendations involve: 1) Reboot the phone and 2) do a factory reset. The reason: when you upgrade there are bits and pieces that reside of the old program in the phone cause the phone to work harder to find the correct data paths. By rebooting the phone it does system checks and cleans up the data paths. After several reboots, you should be experiencing a lot better performance. FDR does the same thing just all in one sweep. Of course you will lose downloaded apps and data so ensure you back your apps up first. I hope I explained that correctly. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Next, look at several threads by Foxkat concerning battery use and calibration. He recommends using your battery down until you get a low power warning (10-15%) then charging the phone with the power off. This resets the phones battery calibration. He recommends doing this 2 consecutive nights about once a quarter (if I remember that correctly).

Link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/203273-battery-dead-all-you-naysayers.html.

There are battery calibration apps that you run after a full charge that are supposed to help with battery life.

Finally, look at the power vampires. I personally turn off the auto sync function (settings/accounts and sync) as a rule and turn it on as desired. If it runs on its own, it pretty much is constantly looking for new information. I have it set to look only once an hour when I have it turned on. Facebook is another drain. It will also check for new information every 15 minutes even if you do not look at it. I have it set to never. I refresh it when I open it (not very often).

I am sure there are more ideas out there. Good luck!dancedroid

scott craft

Reaction score
Battery life is pretty bad on my rezound. Even with the extended battery this phone doesn't do very well at all.

Sent from my Rezound

Xander Crews

Reaction score
scott craft said:
Battery life is pretty bad on my rezound. Even with the extended battery this phone doesn't do very well at all.

Sent from my Rezound
My battery life with extended battery is quite good and I have Bluetooth & GPS on all the time.
Keep your screen brightness down unless you are in the sun, turn off Facebook sync, only turn on 4g when you need it...leave it on cdma only otherwise. Make sure installed apps aren't running/syncing constantly in the background.
I used GPS with voice navigation for 11 hours in the car a couple weeks ago and never plugged it in once...had 20% left when I got home.
You're either running your phone into the ground, or you've got all kinds things installled and running in the background. If you are smart about how you set up your phone, you're extended battery life should be fine.

Sent from my HTC Android Rezound using Forum Runner.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I hate having to dumb down my phone to get good battery life. We paid for 4G LTE only to use 3G to get acceptable battery life doesn't fly with me. We have a beautiful screen that we need to dull. Why have a SMART phone if you have to disable everything? Luckily I am close to a charger all the time so I leave everything going full bore.

Just my opinion....:p

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I leave my screen on auto. If its sunny my screen is bright enough to see.
All syncs off except Gmail.
Smart actions turns off background and data when screen is off.
Gets great battery life with solid all day use.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

scott craft

Reaction score
My battery life with extended battery is quite good and I have Bluetooth & GPS on all the time.
Keep your screen brightness down unless you are in the sun, turn off Facebook sync, only turn on 4g when you need it...leave it on cdma only otherwise. Make sure installed apps aren't running/syncing constantly in the background.
I used GPS with voice navigation for 11 hours in the car a couple weeks ago and never plugged it in once...had 20% left when I got home.
You're either running your phone into the ground, or you've got all kinds things installled and running in the background. If you are smart about how you set up your phone, you're extended battery life should be fine.

I keep wifi, bluetooth and 4G off unless I'm actually using it. I'm not going to turn off all sorts of things just to make the battery last. I do have twitter and fb auto updating, but I've increased the intervals. I've also dimmed the screen somewhat. I do use the phone a lot, but it still seems like it should do better than what it has been doing. I might recalibrate the phone to the battery again and see if that helps. I guess If I get aggravated enough with it I can do a factory reset, but I'm going to try to avoid that. Other than the battery life I'm quite pleased with the phone though.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
scott craft said:
I keep wifi, bluetooth and 4G off unless I'm actually using it. I'm not going to turn off all sorts of things just to make the battery last. I do have twitter and fb auto updating, but I've increased the intervals. I've also dimmed the screen somewhat. I do use the phone a lot, but it still seems like it should do better than what it has been doing. I might recalibrate the phone to the battery again and see if that helps. I guess If I get aggravated enough with it I can do a factory reset, but I'm going to try to avoid that. Other than the battery life I'm quite pleased with the phone though.

Facebook updates will kill battery life. There must be something running in the background that is eating the battery...the extended should easily get you through a day on normal use.
Since the screen is the biggest battery hog by a mile, I have a brightness widget that toggles from bright to medium to low, so it's easy to change on the fly if I need a brighter screen for something...and you can use timeriffic to automatically switch brightness based on time of day (a bright screen isn't usually necessary at night, but is often necessary if you are outside during the day.)
I don't blame you about not wanting to turn everything off...that's why I got the extended batt. I leave Bluetooth and GPS on...and it's been great.

mike7728

Reaction score
My battery life is better,being able to disable apps I don't want off of bloatware,thank u ICS...

Xander Crews

Reaction score
svdroiddude said:
I hate having to dumb down my phone to get good battery life. We paid for 4G LTE only to use 3G to get acceptable battery life doesn't fly with me. We have a beautiful screen that we need to dull. Why have a SMART phone if you have to disable everything? Luckily I am close to a charger all the time so I leave everything going full bore.

Just my opinion....:p
The thing with 4G is that you don't need it for everything, so leaving it on just wastes the battery. Why leave 4G on if your phone is in your pocket and will be there for the next couple hours? I'll use 4G for web browsing and when using a couple apps, but that's it. I have a widget that allows quick access to switch from 4G to 3G. It's easy to switch between cdma and LTE.

Just my 2 cents.

scott craft

Reaction score
Facebook updates will kill battery life. There must be something running in the background that is eating the battery...the extended should easily get you through a day on normal use.
Since the screen is the biggest battery hog by a mile, I have a brightness widget that toggles from bright to medium to low, so it's easy to change on the fly if I need a brighter screen for something...and you can use timeriffic to automatically switch brightness based on time of day (a bright screen isn't usually necessary at night, but is often necessary if you are outside during the day.)
I don't blame you about not wanting to turn everything off...that's why I got the extended batt. I leave Bluetooth and GPS on...and it's been great.

I have facebook set to update every hour. I'm not exactly sure why I have such poor battery life. Reception isn't the best at my home and where I work, but the phone radios aren't using much battery according to the battery monitor I use. I'm going to do some more investigating.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Deleted message. I relied then realized I was taking about a bionic issue in a rezound forum (same problem).