ICS...... Phone not taking a charge

VegasMikeC

Reaction score
Greetings,

Long time follower on the forums, 1st time asking a question.

I like most received the ICS update this morning. Much to my disgust, the new update caused my phone to constantly freeze up, reboot, lock out etc. Frustrating ? very.

I had to do a factory reset and everything seems to be working well, except the phone is not charging as quickly as it should.

I had it plugged in for about 3 hours on my wall charger, the icon shows that it's charging but when I unplug the charger.... the bar status stays where it was when I originally charged it.

I also noticed the phone getting very hot, more than it usually had.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks again for the all the valuable information everyone provides.

satsun

Reaction score
Greetings,

Long time follower on the forums, 1st time asking a question.

I like most received the ICS update this morning. Much to my disgust, the new update caused my phone to constantly freeze up, reboot, lock out etc. Frustrating ? very.

I had to do a factory reset and everything seems to be working well, except the phone is not charging as quickly as it should.

I had it plugged in for about 3 hours on my wall charger, the icon shows that it's charging but when I unplug the charger.... the bar status stays where it was when I originally charged it.

I also noticed the phone getting very hot, more than it usually had.

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks again for the all the valuable information everyone provides.

i suggest you do another hard reset, after my initial reset my phone is working amazing. i had the same issues with all the issues you listed above after the initial upgrade. good luck.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Also after you do that hard reset you should turn your phone off and let it charge until it reaches 100%. After that you can turn it back on and use it up until it gets to 20% and then charge it back up to 100% again. This will re-calibrate your battery so you know you are getting an accurate reading.

Plus with the phone on you could have things running in the background that are working against the battery trying to charge, thus the slow charging and battery getting hot. Get back to us if charging with the phone off does not help you.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forums, or the light lol. Be sure to make an introduction thread so we can properly greet you :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!