ICS on the MAXX

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Squeak87 said:
Has anyone had trouble with the stock keyboard on ICS? It seems like my spacebar doesn't always register when I click it.

<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius}-->

I've had issues where I don't press low enough and consistently hit "b" instead of the spacebar.

lydia93257

Reaction score
Got the update and not impressed... biggest complaints 1. my def pic in my messaging app is gone. so my friends have a def picand i don't. click on the pic to possibly upload a default for myself and get this contact doesn't exist. so there goes my self esteem. lol 2. keyboard notification while texting. "select input method" select motorola keyboard options are greyed out... cant configure. dont like change... see no bonuses.and i think it looked prettier before... gaaaaa

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeh.... slow night at work.....GREAT in a hospital :)

Try this. Open contacts. The top one should be " Me". Pick a picture and see what happens. Fixed mine this way

tracer

Reaction score
bruben7886 said:
Yeh.... slow night at work.....GREAT in a hospital :)

Try this. Open contacts. The top one should be " Me". Pick a picture and see what happens. Fixed mine this way

That's been annoying me too. Thanks for posting!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
tracer said:
That's been annoying me too. Thanks for posting!

Mine started working on it's own..

Wait nvm I flashed a inverted mms app that is cm7 or 9 (I think so)

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

angry_with_ICS

Reaction score
I'm probably not saying anything new, but I hate ICS on the MAXX. Gingerbread was far superior. Nothing was made better, faster, or easier if you ask me. I can't imagine I'm the only one with these issues. Here we go: 1) GPS takes forever now to connect. If I need quick directions, forget about it. At least 5 minutes to get a signal, where this used to be nearly instant. 2) Also with GPS, using Google Navigation, sometimes I get 2 women telling me where to go, and no the second voice is not my wife in the seat next to me. 3) When I want to click on an address or phone number to have it automatically load Maps to show me where the address is or bring up my phone so I can quickly call using the number from a web page, etc, that doesn't always work. It works less often than it used to. I know it's dependent on the site, but I visit the same sites and now those quick "taps" on an address or phone number don't give me anything. I have to use 4) the painful copy and paste functions. I don't even know what the symbols mean?! I get the scissors = cut, but the other ones are not-intuitive. PITA. 5) Calling someone back who recently called you or who you recently dialed. Tapping the number isn't enough. I have to tap the number then hit Dial again. Why? If you don't tap the name twice and just hit send it will dial the last person you called, even though you "highlighted" the person you really wanted to call. 6) CAPS LOCK. I know everyone is *****ing about this too, but yes, it was easy, every one knew it...why change it? The long press doesn't seem to work for me and apparently I don't tap quick enough. Even if I do, my fat finger is covering the tiny blue line indicating I'm in CAPS. 7) I don't feel like the keyboard is as "smart" as the old version. I find myself with a lot more typos than I used to. The dictionary isn't as good either. 8) Some of my apps don't work right anymore, one for my bank, eBay and sometimes even the browser will lock up on me and I have to completely kill it in the app manager in order for it to come back. 9) I think the camera is a tiny bit slower and I hate how I need to download them. I don't always want to use the built-in downloader for Windows, I just want to mount it as a USB drive and get what I want. Took my a while to find the "Camera mode", but I want my 10) "Charge only" mode back...why did they take this away? I sometimes plug my phone into any available USB port and I don't need to be bothered with a software install or anything. Motocast is junk, no I don't want all of my stuff out in the "cloud", are you kidding? 11) My phone is almost always checking the SD card for errors, especially after having it plugged into a PC. 12) The calendar is ugly. It's not as clean as the old version. It makes it difficult to quickly look at open times throughout the week. 13) I liked the old Weather widget better (don't like Accuweather either, and can't configure that of course), there are limited options and I don't really want to go with a Modded OS...but I may have to soon.

So, I just needed to get this out that so that if anyone cares, maybe they could do something about it. And yes, I will be (im)patiently waiting for the Jelly Bean OS...and if it's not soon, I will be looking for a good mod...any ideas? Thanks...

RAZRLee

Reaction score
Anyone in the UK on this thread? I just keep getting told by Motorola to send it back for repair when i know the phone is fine :mad: Has anyone sent it off for repair and actually got it back better? I dont have another phone with a micro sim so essentially will be without a phone for two weeks!