ICS on the MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
To reiterate a prediction. I think the decision will come by close of business (today) that the soak was successful and the OTA rollout will be green lighted so, expect starting tonight as you sleep :icon_eek: and through tomorrow and beyond the "Update" notifications will be dinging.

I'm hoping that this will be the time table as well.. :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Jdanner46

Reaction score
sound more and more like there is no roll out of ICS for the Razor and Maxx read this link
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Upgrade Rumor, Verizon Explained - Mainpage
another joke from Verizon and not sure what to think of those who say they got an upgrade
BTW... not a newbie had a droid moved to droid x, the the razor maxx, just recently found this forum much better than the one i was on

Last edited:

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Jdanner46 said:
sound more and more like there is no roll out of ICS for the Razor and Maxx read this link
another joke from Verizon and not sure what to think of those who say they got an upgrade

Dude that was from last Monday. 4 days before the actual roll out. VerizonWireless.com already has posted that razr is being updated to ics.

huskur

Reaction score
BTW... not a newbie had a droid moved to droid x, the the razor maxx, just recently found this forum much better than the one i was on

This link was 8 days ago addressing the message about the "so called text about IM". That is what was being debunked. Not the rollout of ICS. A coworker of mine got the "soak" on Monday and is running ICS now. It's only a matter of time before we get it. At the maximum it is a 8 day push to phones. After day 8 you should be able to pull it from the servers if you have not received it by then. We all are crossing our fingers:icon_eek:

Jdanner46

Reaction score
thanks for that, i didn't see anything on Vwireless when i looked
This link was 8 days ago addressing the message about the "so called text about IM". That is what was being debunked. Not the rollout of ICS. A coworker of mine got the "soak" on Monday and is running ICS now. It's only a matter of time before we get it. At the maximum it is a 8 day push to phones. After day 8 you should be able to pull it from the servers if you have not received it by then. We all are crossing our fingers:icon_eek:

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't put too much into it, sounds like a left hand not talking to the right hand about whether a text went out and what did it mean.
Really did not address the ICS rollout other than to say that there had not been an official announcement of a launch date which is accurate, there hasn't been.
We (here) just know:
- There have been many that have received the update and did so by OTA, NOT a forced download.
- There has been a "soak" of sorts, whether it was done as some have been done in the past is irrelevant.
- Results of the soak are being reported back via survey.

At some point (possibly later tonight or tomorrow) the update will go forward but, this part is only supposition.

This has all been quite a "peek behind the curtain" into VZW/Motorola/Google for me. Honestly, IMO "Revenge of the Nerds" Part XIV. Just like "Computer people" and their B.S. antics, viruses and other crap just because they got "swirllied" in High School.:blink:

Jdanner46

Reaction score
thanks for that update

Jdanner46

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up, that is why i left the last forum, no one ever answered
Wouldn't put too much into it, sounds like a left hand not talking to the right hand about whether a text went out and what did it mean.
Really did not address the ICS rollout other than to say that there had not been an official announcement of a launch date which is accurate, there hasn't been.
We (here) just know:
- There have been many that have received the update and did so by OTA, NOT a forced download.
- There has been a "soak" of sorts, whether it was done as some have been done in the past is irrelevant.
- Results of the soak are being reported back via survey.

At some point (possibly later tonight or tomorrow) the update will go forward but, this part is only supposition.

This has all been quite a "peek behind the curtain" into VZW/Motorola/Google for me. Honestly, IMO "Revenge of the Nerds" Part XIV. Just like "Computer people" and their B.S. antics, viruses and other crap just because they got "swirllied" in High School.:blink:

huskur

Reaction score
thanks for that update

Also remember this--- the ICS 4.0 is supposed to be a Q2 update at the latest. There is still a 4 day window for it to be completed on time. It not by the 30th of June it will be the 1st week of July. Just my SWAG (scientific-wild-ass-guess) on it:biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Jdanner46 said:
Thanks for the follow up, that is why i left the last forum, no one ever answered

Jdanner, I don't think you will find that here. We are a friendly, happy, helpful bunch. Welcome to DF!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums