ICS on the MAXX

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
O good maybe I will put go back on my phone now(had to get a new one) I am going a little crazy using the stock launcher and texting app I need my GO apps! lol :p

I sent him a text asking If he has reinstalled and if so, what. I will post as soon as I hear.

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Curious then to me how all these people who weren't part of the "testing" are ending up with ics.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Curious then to me how all these people who weren't part of the "testing" are ending up with ics.

Because several users who are not an official part of the soak test always receive the update during the soak test. It happens every time.

nkfry

Reaction score

The soak consists of those who passed requirements for soak and your average Joe, the RAZR population is HUGE so it doesn't surprise me that so many members have the OTA.

Beckeramos

Reaction score
nkfry said:
The soak consists of those who passed requirements for soak and your average Joe, the RAZR population is HUGE so it doesn't surprise me that so many members have the OTA.

Ah ok thanx. Did not know that.

jeverts

Reaction score
I wonder what the population size is? How many are we talking about? Any guestimates? There can't be that many, I mean when windows or a browser gets an update it's all, isn't it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to prove this but, I don't think it's a population size issue. I think it was a weekend (Fri-Sun) soak, IF there had been a problem - weekend would have presented less problems for people.
Now is the assessment period and Rollout hits late tomorrow OR Wednesday. Just my $.02.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
O good maybe I will put go back on my phone now(had to get a new one) I am going a little crazy using the stock launcher and texting app I need my GO apps! lol :p

Reporting back (as promised) Little history in case someone else could benefit; My Son had ALL GoLauncher up too Friday Night when he received the ICS upate via "normal" OTA.
According to him: Immediately after the download was done his phone displayed a message asking if he wanted to reload his GoLauncher apps. He did and everything worked. When we talked I mentioned he should delete everything just to get an accurate impression of ICS. He likes it.

He is now using GoKeyboard and GoSMS (texting) Both work fine. He seems to like all the ICS stuff (for now).

Hope that helps, If you want anymore clarification let me know and I will seek answers.

clintro

Reaction score
I have goSMS and it works fine. Using Apex launcher and I love it. It is the best launcher out there.

Someone else said the volume down and power button didn't work for a screen shot, but it is working fine on mine. You have to press and hold them for a second or two.

Fyi, I am running the leak, couldn't wait for the ota.....lol

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Reporting back (as promised) Little history in case someone else could benefit; My Son had ALL GoLauncher up too Friday Night when he received the ICS upate via "normal" OTA.
According to him: Immediately after the download was done his phone displayed a message asking if he wanted to reload his GoLauncher apps. He did and everything worked. When we talked I mentioned he should delete everything just to get an accurate impression of ICS. He likes it.

He is now using GoKeyboard and GoSMS (texting) Both work fine. He seems to like all the ICS stuff (for now).

Hope that helps, If you want anymore clarification let me know and I will seek answers.

Awesome thanks! dancedroid

Reaction score
Alright, this check for update thing is BS, it needs to stop saying that my phone is up to date and start to saying that my phone will be updated soon. Maybe give me a time line too. Lol! I kid. Can't help but feel anxious! Hopefully the updates will start up soon again.

Caesars

Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait :)