ICS on the MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
sorry I did not know this site was only for smart people like yourself.

That comment was not necessary. The observation by jgmecarter was both valid and warranted. Please keep your comments productive in nature.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Guess there is a Lull in the action, minor editorial comment - I have noticed an above average (IMO) referencing, on DF in it's entirety not just here in this thread, of peoples intellects and integrity. I ,for one, find such dialogue troubling.
ALL should be welcome and everyone should be taken at face value until such time they prove themselves to be unworthy.
I know the Moderators I have "met" since being here on DF are very involved and supportive. Not ALL Forums have good Mods, we do.
So, I invite those who are like minded to support the free exchange of good information free of rude rebuke and granular dissection.
For those who have received the ICS OTA Update (my Son did Friday night) - Enjoy!
For those still waiting, Enjoy the excitement that can only be felt by - anticipation.

+1 Droid Forums Staff

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well I believe the "Original Topic" actually had something to do with champagne and special preparations for the rollout but, after perusing several threads on DF as well as other Forums - No, have not seen demonstrative signs of continued updates thus reference to "Lull in the action" :)
Possibly there is a bit of an after-action briefing going on to measure results thus far....

Oops sorry when I read your reply earlier on my phone I missed the first sentence sorry! :blush:

infg37

Reaction score
i've seen on the ICS fanpage on facebook that some have received update this morning

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oops sorry when I read your reply earlier on my phone I missed the first sentence sorry! :blush:

I don't even like champagne, just seems like the "thing to buy" when something cool is about to happen.:biggrin:

As for what is possibly going on here "Monday" only experience with such things is Military Ops and Corporate Pilot Programs of which I have had my share in both over the years.
Rollout started Friday Night so, Friday-Saturday-Sunday. People who MIGHT have been thrown by the rollout had Verizon Stores at their disposal without problems interfering with work (for the most part) kind of like a Big Snow Storm - IF it has to hit then let it be on a weekend unless your a kid.
Now, here's Monday. Put the brakes on. Step back and do a quick assessment, correct what can be corrected and IF all is going reasonably well (seems like it is) open the flood gates and let it Roll.
I predict a flurry starting sometime tomorrow night or Wednesday.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
CaptainSS said:
Guess there is a Lull in the action, minor editorial comment - I have noticed an above average (IMO) referencing, on DF in it's entirety not just here in this thread, of peoples intellects and integrity. I ,for one, find such dialogue troubling.
ALL should be welcome and everyone should be taken at face value until such time they prove themselves to be unworthy.
I know the Moderators I have "met" since being here on DF are very involved and supportive. Not ALL Forums have good Mods, we do.
So, I invite those who are like minded to support the free exchange of good information free of rude rebuke and granular dissection.
For those who have received the ICS OTA Update (my Son did Friday night) - Enjoy!
For those still waiting, Enjoy the excitement that can only be felt by - anticipation.

I personally prefer a forum where the mods are anonymous. If something inappropriate is posted, delete it. If the same person keeps posting inappropriate stuff, give them some time off and a warning of being permanently banned. If a forum is unnecessary, lock it with a generic message stating why. I am not a fan of the open "scolding" of members I see from some of the mods on this site. Of course, this is only my opinion.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer a forum where the mods are anonymous. If something inappropriate is posted, delete it. If the same person keeps posting inappropriate stuff, give them some time off and a warning of being permanently banned. If a forum is unnecessary, lock it with a generic message stating why. I am not a fan of the open "scolding" of members I see from some of the mods on this site. Of course, this is only my opinion.

I will offer this as another perspective, not an attempt at changing your opinion.
When one adult says to another adult (in a respectful manner) "Your comment or tone was not appropriate".
I don't think that is accurately characterized as a "scolding", it's an honest statement probably (most of the time in my experience) quite accurate. Also, by consistent "massaging" of the climate new members are indoctrinated and old members are reminded as to what is deemed acceptable forum behavior. To wait in the wings and pounce only when things get far enough out of hand to do so is a management decision but one I don't subscribe to.
Most Mods were members in good standing that set themselves apart either by knowlege or by good judgement (sometimes both) to render them "anonymous" by promoting them to Moderator status serves no one.
Just my opinion.

Come on ICS !

Jdanner46

Reaction score
ICS Maxx

I have to see it to believe as well, lots of talk very little to download

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is there a thread talking about what apps don't work well or not at all with ICS? I have glanced but have not dug into searching yet. I am curious if Go launcher or GoSMS will work okay?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Just remember, All of us on this forum are the most smartest smartphone users. Its the iphone users that are the least smartest...​

lol. I really like this forum people seem to be pretty cool and understanding to what other people are trying to figure out. So thank you to everyone that makes this forum what it is. back to the original discussion. My friend from church got the update early Sunday morning.I hope God for gives me because I was playing with it though out the service. But I think God understands after all its ICS

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
CaptainSS said:
I will offer this as another perspective, not an attempt at changing your opinion.
When one adult says to another adult (in a respectful manner) "Your comment or tone was not appropriate".
I don't think that is accurately characterized as a "scolding", it's an honest statement probably (most of the time in my experience) quite accurate. Also, by consistent "massaging" of the climate new members are indoctrinated and old members are reminded as to what is deemed acceptable forum behavior. To wait in the wings and pounce only when things get far enough out of hand to do so is a management decision but one I don't subscribe to.
Most Mods were members in good standing that set themselves apart either by knowlege or by good judgement (sometimes both) to render them "anonymous" by promoting them to Moderator status serves no one.
Just my opinion.

Come on ICS !

Seems to me like someone is auditioning for a position as a moderator :). Honestly, I'm just kidding. I respect your opinion.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread talking about what apps don't work well or not at all with ICS? I have glanced but have not dug into searching yet. I am curious if Go launcher or GoSMS will work okay?

I will check with my son but I can tell you this. He had all his GoLauncher (about 8-10 Go stuff) when his ICS OTA hit and everything continued to work. Now, he has since deleted the stuff in order to see what the ICS looked like. Knowing him "Go" is back on. But, it all worked fine together.

btw: He has a Maxx, so do I. We both had all the "Go" on. I did a FDR, He did not. He got the OTA. I have not.

Last edited:

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I will check with my son but I can tell you this. He had all his GoLauncher (about 8-10 Go stuff) when his ICS OTA hit and everything continued to work. Now, he has since deleted the stuff in order to see what the ICS looked like. Knowing him "Go" is back on. But, it all worked fine together.

O good maybe I will put go back on my phone now(had to get a new one) I am going a little crazy using the stock launcher and texting app I need my GO apps! lol :p