ICS not ready for prime time yet...

OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
wseyller said:
The idea of it not being ready for prime time is crazy. This leak is rock solid for me and many others. IMO this ics leak is more prime time than any official bionic rom released hands down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you, but as a software developer I think IMO that it could be more polished and there are a few minor/ major bugs that need to be worked out if it is to be released as a major update. maybe a .233 version, no more than .234...

Dave12308 said:
You know, I haven't had a single FC on .232 and was just using Video Editor Lite. And there's no way it's gonna take them another couple of months to release ICS, if they did it wouldn't even come close to being on target for an "early Q3 2012" release. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if .232 ends up soak testing, as the leaks seem to have dried up at the moment. Makes me think .232 has made it to Verizon for final testing.

I agree, maybe saying 2 (do you really think they will make it by quarter 3? LOL) months it will be ready was a little overboard, but we have all seen how slow Motorola works on DROID Bionic issues, bugs and updates around here and I think two months is actually reasonable to get out a polished product.

Glad we are all having this discussion though on the bionic, & good to finally see a decent release on this phone!

Last edited:
OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Before you start making a list of bugs, I'd ask you to detail the EXACT step by step of how you installed any of the ICS leaks. Is this a completely clean install? I.E. FXZ to 902, OTA to 905, install the ICS build and then reset up your phone from a factory state? Or is this some kind of upgrade and/or restore scenario?

Installed clean from .905 factory, using the leaked version, .905.xt875.blur.zip... Installed after I had major 3g&4g, GPS issues with the OTA .905 build and other known .905 issues...

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
One glaring issue I've noticed on all of the releases I've tried, is that in Webtop mode, adjusting the audio on the phone while set to HDMI audio out, doesn't actually change the volume of audio. It's a slight inconvienence, especially for when I'm on my lapdock because I have to switch audio to the phone's speaker to keep it from blasting sound late at night when I'm working.

OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
You know, I haven't had a single FC on .232 and was just using Video Editor Lite. And there's no way it's gonna take them another couple of months to release ICS, if they did it wouldn't even come close to being on target for an "early Q3 2012" release. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if .232 ends up soak testing, as the leaks seem to have dried up at the moment. Makes me think .232 has made it to Verizon for final testing.

Were you trying to use video editor lite to reduce the size of a video to send it via text? try that and you'll notice that it will freeze and force close... Then that video also won't be able to play normally until you reboot the phone... Let me know what you come up with...