ICS new text message style

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Actually, you can. It's tied to the Me contact.

Long press where your picture should be in the text, and the contact information for Me will pop up. Tap on the picture, and that will take you to the contact. From there, menu -> edit. You can add the picture there, along with editing your name and other information. You can also change it from the People app itself by editing the same contact.

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
Actually, you can. It's tied to the Me contact.

Long press where your picture should be in the text, and the contact information for Me will pop up. Tap on the picture, and that will take you to the contact. From there, menu -> edit. You can add the picture there, along with editing your name and other information. You can also change it from the People app itself by editing the same contact.

It says the contact does not exist and i've already tried manually making a me contact with my number but it didn't work.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It says the contact does not exist and i've already tried manually making a me contact with my number but it didn't work.

In your People app, is there not a section called Me above the A's?

GSdub510

Reaction score
I use Flext9 and it keeps telling me in the notification to select input method. so i do, and it happens like every 5 minutes. I keep selecting Flext9. Whatsup with that?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I use Flext9 and it keeps telling me in the notification to select input method. so i do, and it happens like every 5 minutes. I keep selecting Flext9. Whatsup with that?

I think that's a "feature" to allow you to switch to a different input method quickly if you want to. I get the same thing with SwiftKey 3. The keyboard icon remains in the notification bar on mine whenever the keyboard is onscreen. Selecting any of the keyboards doesn't make it go away for me.

GSdub510

Reaction score
Yep, switched to stock and it keeps happening. Wish I could disable that

candeeduhx3

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to join contacts? I'm trying to join the top me, with the ME i already have in my contacts so my facebook picture will be used. or maybe i'll just use a new pic...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does anyone know how to join contacts? I'm trying to join the top me, with the ME i already have in my contacts so my facebook picture will be used. or maybe i'll just use a new pic...

To join: Open one of the contacts you want to join -> Menu -> Edit -> Menu -> Join.

But, it doesn't look like you can join the Me contact to anything, including the already existing contact of yourself. I'm not sure why that is, but the option to join isn't there. It's there with the other contacts though.

candeeduhx3

Reaction score
To join: Open one of the contacts you want to join -> Menu -> Edit -> Menu -> Join.

But, it doesn't look like you can join the Me contact to anything, including the already existing contact of yourself. I'm not sure why that is, but the option to join isn't there. It's there with the other contacts though.

Thanks, I ended up just using a new pic, but at least i know how to join contacts again :D

Dunc

Reaction score
It's tied to the Me contact.
This was curious to me. Are people so stupid now days that they can't remember their own name, address, bday, etc? I'm really failing at seeing the point of having yourself as a contact.....on your own phone.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
This was curious to me. Are people so stupid now days that they can't remember their own name, address, bday, etc? I'm really failing at seeing the point of having yourself as a contact.....on your own phone.

I think some people that like to use the app bump - or for any other reason want to share their contact information with others, can easily transfer their information to someone else???? Just a guess...... I feel weird having a me contact with no information filled out, but I can't bring myself to put my own information there.... Perhaps in the unlikely event I lose my phone and someone wants to return it, I could have some other peice of contact information so that they can get a hold of me...

TrunkleBob

Reaction score

I have always used a 'Me' contact. I almost never give out my work phone number, for example, so having it saved there means I have it when I really need it. Not to mention having a way to email or text myself something quickly.