1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ICS Lockscreen App shortcuts.. can you change them?

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by AndroidKachi7, Jun 30, 2012.

1. AndroidKachi7

AndroidKachi7 New Member

I wanted to change the texting shortcut to my GO SMS..
  2. Snare

Snare New Member

Go to manage apps and disable the stock messaging app.
  3. LeoBloom

LeoBloom New Member

But ... that just get's rid of the app from the lockscreen. How do we replace it?
  4. Lars

Lars New Member

Is it based on whatever is currently set to default? When I updated to ICS, Handcent SMS was already set as the lockscreen messaging app.
  5. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 New Member

You probably can't but you can use a app called WidgetLocker which will do that and a whole lot more! I heard about it around here a few days ago and bought it and I LOVE it! You gain all kinds of options with it. :biggrin:
  6. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 New Member

Just to give you an idea what it can look like.

View attachment 52046

Loving this screenshot thing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
  7. LeoBloom

LeoBloom New Member

I've used widget locker but I prefer to keep to the native implementations of anything, mostly because things look like they are unified by some stylistic theme.

Lars, I've set Google Voice to default for texting from the people app and the people widget, but it still shows the native text msging app in the lockscreen... :(
  8. Lars

Lars New Member

Hmmm...I just checked a few settings and the only thing I have in place is Handcent SMS as my default messenger. I wish I could help you out but I don't know what I did because it was pre-set for me. However, what is strange is Camera360 was/is set as my default camera, but as you can see, it does not appear on my lockscreen...

View attachment 52048
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  9. nyvideo

nyvideo New Member

I just disabled the Stock Text Messaging and GO SMS Pro is now on my lock screen.
  10. awriternot

awriternot New Member

So you can't just change the icon pic? Mine are all pink & I'd love to change those too...
  11. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

WidgetLocker has been a favorite of mine since it first came out. I like seeing all of the OEMs using some of the ideas that WidgetLocker brought to the tablet first, but none of them give you the ability to customize that WidgetLocker offers.
  12. karlo2012

karlo2012 New Member

I know you can the icons with a program like ADW or WidgetLocker (haven't tried this one yet)..ADW kind of reminds me of Windows Blinds for the computer. You can change individual icons or download a custom set of icons with ADW.
  13. mooch91

mooch91 New Member

I figured this one out. I have been using Camera ICS+ because I think it's a better camera than the stock Motorola one. But I couldn't get it to come up on the lock screen.

The reason was I had never set the camera to be the default one because I never needed to launch the camera other than through the home screen. What I did was to launch the camera from an icon in my gallery app (Gallery ICS for those who are interested) and it gave me the option to launch the stock camera or Camera ICS+. I chose Camera ICS+ and now it shows up as the camera on my lock screen. Hope this helps someone else.
  14. Lars

Lars New Member

Very interesting! I just followed your suggestion to make Camera360 my default camera app, and after doing this, Camera360 is on my lockscreen but Handcent is not. Perhaps there is a glitch that only allows one custom app on the lockscreen? I made no changes to any messaging app, only set Camera360 to default but the stock messenger replaced Handcent. I'm going to play around with this some more, but this might shed some light on how to customize the lockscreen without using an app.
  15. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Have you tried disabling the stock text messaging app? Other users have reported that doing this has added Handcent to their lockscreen because it forces the system to recognize it as the default texting app.
  16. Lars

Lars New Member

That did it! I have both Camera360 and Handcent on my lockscreen. Thanks for the suggestion.
  17. amusedone

amusedone New Member

I just got ICS today. I have handcent as my default messaging app, has been forever now but its not on my lockscreen, the stock messaging app is. Changed Handcent from my default messenger, then changed it back, and rebooted. The stock messaging app is still there. (The boyfriend has a menu to choose the apps-different device but still ICS -wonder why they left that out on RAZR.)

Any suggestions on changing it (without having to buy an app)?

Thanks!
    Brittany
  18. AndroidKachi7

AndroidKachi7 New Member

Go into Apps, move over to All and find Text Messaging and disable it. Whatever messaging app you are using will become default.
  19. LeoBloom

LeoBloom New Member

This still doesn't work for me for Google Voice
  20. qwerty5555

qwerty5555 New Member

That is because Google Voice isn't a true 'messaging' app. It is a application all on its own that supports not just texting, but voicemail collection as well. If you install a messaging app, such as Go SMS, Handscent, or any other, then it will show on your lockscreen.

Hope this helps!
Search tags for this page

change ics lockscreen shortcuts

change lock screen apps droid razr maxx
change lock screen razr maxx

change lock screen shortcuts droid razr

configure lock screen ics
droid razr lock screen apps
droid razr lock screen change shortcut

droid razr maxx change lock screen apps

how to change lock screen on droid razr

how to change lock screen shortcuts droid razr