ics leak question

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
altspeed said:
whay would I go back to 905? I'm already on the OTA. I've already manually debloated it, overclocked it, have it running smoother than 90% of the phones in the world. Why would I take the "REAL" OTA and start all over again just to get the exact same file?

Because don't you have to be on the ota ics to be able to receive the jb update later on.

LorelSilverleaf

Reaction score
If the OTA and the leak are the same (which we have been told is the case), then anyone with 247 is on the upgrade path and will be able to get JB if/when it comes out.

If they are different though, Sam has been saying that someone will get a copy of the new file and those of us who are on the old one can HoB back onto the path. I have used HoB 4 times now and it's worked flawlessly for me. I have complete confidence that Sam & Co. will be able to keep us on the upgrade path.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice alright thanks! I think I might fxz back to 905 the day of the ota release.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Nice lol.

I'm a little nervous about fxz back. Never done it before.

It's easy. Just as easy as the hob if you ask me. I've done it like 6 times lol

I'm honestly thinking about just using the hob to get to 247 if that's going to be the ota.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would rather be safe and do the official update. There's always the chance something can happen when using HoB

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I would rather be safe and do the official update. There's always the chance something can happen when using HoB

Yea true but the hob hasn't failed anyone yet to my knowledge. I've used the hob for all my friends bionics and my wifes. Works awesome.
Taking it as a ota atleast gives you a fresh start because you have to fxz and that wipes everything off the phone. Which is a good idea if there is problems with the phone.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's easy. Just as easy as the hob if you ask me. I've done it like 6 times lol

I'm honestly thinking about just using the hob to get to 247 if that's going to be the ota.

But in terms of HoB, if you're on .905 (unrooted), how much do you have to do just to go to .247? It looks like you're to download a lot, but that's mainly if you're going from leak to leak.