ICS Leak Freeze on Boot

merickk

Reaction score
Elaborate please!

Well apparently I spoke too soon. lol. I booted into the 229 leak ICS once, then when I tried to run razrs edge to root it during reboot it froze up on me again, so I am back to square 1. But the reports on 229 have been great, and from what little of it I saw it was.

OP
R

rjd

Reaction score
I tried the new 229 leak, still has the same problem. I downloaded some other 902 fxz thinking maybe the one I was using was different or corrupt, same issue.

One thing I did notice, while flashing the leak, I get an output of "Random Offset 0x60". I watched a few videos of the install and never saw this

Tonik

Reaction score
rjd said:
One thing I did notice, while flashing the leak, I get an output of "Random Offset 0x60". I watched a few videos of the install and never saw this

FWIW I did mine this morning and got that. I am not having any problems at all. Not saying that message is ok, I don't know. Just adding info.

OP
R

rjd

Reaction score
I really dont understand what Im doing wrong. Nobody else has this problem. maybe a hardware issue?

Sobr0801

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. My phone hangs at the starting applications screen. I've been pulling my hair since Sunday trying to get this to take.

View attachment 51875

I've tried 6 or 7 2233 and 2231 leak files. and 2 or 3 different FXZ 902 files.
I get no error codes when flashing.
I've tried wiping cache and factory reseting in between every flash and every combination from no wiping to only wiping cache etc..
I've tried going all the way back to 893 and OTA to 902 then OTA to 905 then flash 2233.
I've reformatted my internal memory from 905 before flashing.
I've reformatted a different SD card both from PC and from phone and the only file is the ics leak.
I've also tried moto-fastboot flashing both cdt.bin and mbm
When in that screen I can press the home button and get a tactile feedback vibration, but no other button does.
It will charge the phone while in that screen, and I've let it sit on that screen overnight with no results.
The only way out is a battery pull, after a pull it hangs on the Droid screen when trying to reboot.
After flashing the leak either 2231 or 2233 when going into stock recovery it shows the android icon for ics. The one with the panel open rather than the triangle with the droid inside.
I've tried flashing all the way up to the leak with no sd card inserted.
I've also tried flashing all the way from 902 to 2233 with no sim card inserted.
Reflashing 2233 a 2nd time takes me to a fastboot loop.
Previous to this I was running safestrap with the AKOP nightlies over 905 with no problems except for the normal ics over the gb kernel/radio issues.
The phone works well in 902 and 905 with no issues.
I have not tried to install a ics rom over 905 again since trying the leak.
I can root 905 with no problems using motofail after the 902 FXZ to 905 OTA flash.
I've flashed the leak with root and no root.
The only thing I set up before flashing the root is wifi after FXZing 902 to get the 905 OTA.
I've tried rooting then saving the 905OTA file and flashing that from recovery on a freshly formatted SD card as well.
I've tried flashing the leak from stock recovery right after flashing 905 from recovery without rebooting first into 905.
I've let it run for awhile in 905 as long as overnight before flashing the leak.

There's more I've probably tried but forget. I think I've flashed over 30 times the past week trying to get this to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever figure out what is wrong? I am in the same boat.

crmcsh01

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what is wrong? I am in the same boat.

Same issue here. Very frustrating, I have tried everything I can think of 2,3,4 and in some cases 5 times and get the same results every time. I have tried the entire process on a different PC with freshly downloaded files and a different sd card, same results... I have read that it may be a hardware problem, but I don't think that is the case because on GB stock and roms it runs pretty well without glitches.