[ICS Leak] DROID 4 Build 6.16.211 (Received June 18th)

OP
D

droidian1441

Reaction score
You guys had better luck than me. I bricked the first time I tried this when doing 208 to 211, so im glad everybody isnt bricking and stayed up until 5am unbricking your phone like I did :p

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

droidian1441

Reaction score
Did you have similar problems as Kenji91?

No I completely bricked out of the first try. Took me 2 1/2 hours to recover. I was about to just give up until I determined what happened lol.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
What ended up being your problem?

I think Kenji's problem is a bad installation of 219, so I suggested he redownload the Razr utility and start over.

OP
D

droidian1441

Reaction score
What ended up being your problem?

I think Kenji's problem is a bad installation of 219, so I suggested he redownload the Razr utility and start over.

We have our similarities. The 211 kernel wouldnt flash, the 219 system, webtop, preinstall and most other things failed multiple times, I redownloaded everything and nothing change. I had to modify the utility and the files to get it to flash what I needed. Then my USB cable quit during flashing 219 again so I had to find a new cable and start all over again, and I had more problems and more problems. Hell im surprised I went to sleep!

OP
D

droidian1441

Reaction score
Let us know what you modified in the utility, it may be helpful to those who are having problems.

It wasnt anything that helped me either... I ended up using a redownloaded Lite version haha!

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just reworked the Droid 4 utility and used it to go from 208 to 211. Took 40 minutes from start to finish with rooting (though this might be affected by your pc ram-processor etc.). I tweaked the script a little and will update my post here in just a bit: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-hacks/212307-droid-4-utility-updated.html. I flashed the kernel just after the GB files by forcing a power down, then booting to fastboot, it still ran the upgrade though after that even though i tried to go right to recovery. So i suppose the order will not matter much.

Germanguy

Reaction score
Succesfully updated from 208 to 211, rooted. Even better yet, reinstalled data from a nandroid backup using safestrap and my phone is back to where it was before I started the upgrade. Thank you everybody for your help, insight and tools. Awesome forum.

kenji91

Reaction score
Finally unbricked and upgraded my phone to .211! dancedroid

I ran into a bunch of problems; my battery died the first time I tried, my system.img file was corrupt at home, my grfs.img file was corrupt at work... finally got all the right files, manually powered the battery by splicing a USB cable, and finished the update.

And I lost my saved text messages, but it's better than having a brick.

Thanks for all your help guys!

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Succesfully updated from 208 to 211, rooted. Even better yet, reinstalled data from a nandroid backup using safestrap and my phone is back to where it was before I started the upgrade. Thank you everybody for your help, insight and tools. Awesome forum.

I haven't tried this before but did make a backup before jumping to 211. Did you reinstall all your apps then restore data? Just wondering about the process. I haven't used safestrap much been having too much fun with the ICS leaks.

4low4fun

Reaction score
I'm currently running the .206 and perfectly happy with it. I'm pretty new to flashing roms so I'm a little nervous to try seeing all the experienced users here brick their phones.. is it really necessary to go from 206-208-211 or can I just jump straight to 211?