[ICS Leak] DROID 4 Build 6.16.211 (Received June 18th)

r314bd

Reaction score
Can someone mirror the large Droid 4 utility files? My dropbox share got shut down b/c of exceeding bandwidth.
Use Google Drive...5GB of space and no bandwidth limits. That's what I'm using for the ICS update files

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Did you let the flashing of 219 complete until it reboot? Webtop are some of the later files flashed while flashing 219 and sometimes it does lag but it eventually finishes.

When I flashed 208 using a netbook, Webtop took a long time to finish. This time when I upgraded to 211 I did it using my desktop and things went faster and a lot more smoother. I didnt have any error nor did I have to redo a step.

kenji91

Reaction score
Did you let the flashing of 219 complete until it reboot? Webtop are some of the later files flashed while flashing 219 and sometimes it does lag but it eventually finishes.

When I flashed 208 using a netbook, Webtop took a long time to finish. This time when I upgraded to 211 I did it using my desktop and things went faster and a lot more smoother. I didnt have any error nor did I have to redo a step.

I let it go all the way until it said "rebooting" and then the phone rebooted and went back into bootloader.

kenji91

Reaction score
The only file it can't send is "grfs.img". The rest worked (or failed, but they weren't not found).

orangechoochoo

Reaction score

kenji91

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. Reading the output it says:

sending 'preinstall' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 25.297s
writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 21.718s]
sending 'preinstall' (98304 KB)... OKAY [ 9.453s]
writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 9.094s]
load_file: could not allocate 1397489664 bytes
error: cannot load 'files\grfs.img'

There's obviously more before and after.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Just redownload all the files (Razr utility, Unstick tool, and 211 update) and start over. Use the files from the thread I linked a couple posts up.

nowell29

Reaction score
You don't need a multimeter if you did it correctly. It will power the phone on almost instantly. This essentially allows the device to run strictly on usb power. Do be careful :) if possible, wait it out and order the cable if you haven't done this kind of thing before. If you short it out you can short out and ruin the usb root/hub in your computer or phone, then you are truly SOL.
Having said this, I made me a cable last week that did the job just fine. But I do have experience in these things. Your judgement call.

Don't use this cable to charge in the future or you could bypass the logic in the battery charger built into the phone and just slowly overcharge your battery till it is no longer good. You won't manage to do that during the day you will need it to flash, but in time it will wear it down or make it explode, and li-ion explosions are nasty. :(

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

kenji91

Reaction score
You don't need a multimeter if you did it correctly. It will power the phone on almost instantly. This essentially allows the device to run strictly on usb power. Do be careful :) if possible, wait it out and order the cable if you haven't done this kind of thing before. If you short it out you can short out and ruin the usb root/hub in your computer or phone, then you are truly SOL.
Having said this, I made me a cable last week that did the job just fine. But I do have experience in these things. Your judgement call.

Don't use this cable to charge in the future or you could bypass the logic in the battery charger built into the phone and just slowly overcharge your battery till it is no longer good. You won't manage to do that during the day you will need it to flash, but in time it will wear it down or make it explode, and li-ion explosions are nasty. :(

Thanks for the advice!

I certainly don't plan on using this as a method of charging my phone ever again. It's just an emergency should I ever lose power mid-update and be stuck in bootloader. :)

All I did was split open the USB cord, strip the tips of the red and black wires and twisted them to solidify them. Then I made a little U hook and loosened the screws next to the battery and wrapped the appropriate wire under the screw and tightened it (red = +, black = -). I let it sit for an hour or two and gave this a shot. No more low battery!

Still not out of the woods yet. It appears my grfs.img and system.img files were corrupted. I downloaded them fresh and was able to get the Utility to not give me any weird errors (just the typical ones you get from doing this). I got the Droid robot and the blue progress line and it finished. The screen is now off.

I'm not sure if I should boot it up or not. Help? :)

kenji91

Reaction score

How long should I wait on a blank screen after flashing 219? It had the whole green Droid guy and a blue progress line and now it's been a blank screen for five minutes.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I assume you flashed 219 and the 211 kernel, that's why you have that screen. So now go to recovery and install 211.