[ICS Leak] DROID 4 Build 6.16.211 (Received June 18th)

kenji91

Reaction score
As I mentioned previously, quite a few people had to do the whole process several times before it takes but it does work.

Because of this make sure your battery is 100% charged before starting. Kenji91 is the first person I've seen who ran out of battery so far. Last week when I eventually finished flashing 208 my battery was down to 30%.

For the record, having done the .206 to .208, I didn't think I would need it to be at 100%. Learn from my mistakes! Better safe than splicing a USB cable to manually charge your phone.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
I started with mine on 70. Fastbooted back to 219 gb, flashed the kernel, unplugged then went into recovery and updated to 211 ICS. Still had 70% battery.

kenji91

Reaction score
Well you clearly didn't run into any trouble then. :hail:

I was at around 70% and I tried to do it 3-4x before it said "low battery".

I just spliced a spare USB cable and ran the red wire to the + and the black wire to the - of the battery on the D4. It's already bricked, what's the worst that could happen? Unfortunately, I don't have a multimeter to know for sure if it's charging.

Germanguy

Reaction score
Quick question before I jump onto this. After upgrading to 211 and re-installing safestrap, can I safely restore data from a previous nandroid backup (ICS 206)?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wish I had time to jump to 211, but can't right now. I did get the boot.img and OTA downloaded. I also had the thought of rewriting the script so that after the attempt to restore GB that it will flash the kernel without another selection. Not sure if this would even work or if the system has to attempt to boot before you can flash the kernel. Thoughts anyone? I have mostly learned the script stuff by looking at what others have written, the help adb file and just trying different commands.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well you clearly didn't run into any trouble then. :hail:

I was at around 70% and I tried to do it 3-4x before it said "low battery".

I just spliced a spare USB cable and ran the red wire to the + and the black wire to the - of the battery on the D4. It's already bricked, what's the worst that could happen? Unfortunately, I don't have a multimeter to know for sure if it's charging.

Is the battery getting warm? If so it's charging.

kenji91

Reaction score
Is the battery getting warm? If so it's charging.

It's not getting particularly warm. It's hard to tell.

All I did was splice a USB cable and ran the red one around the screw next to the + sign by the battery. I did the same with the black wire on the - side. I'm not 100% sure that these are connected to the battery but I don't see anywhere else I can hook it up to.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
try this kenji

-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.
-Then you should be boot to the M logo.
-Then after a bit you will be presented to an battery icon charging your phone!
-After a good charge up to 50% or so you can flash again

Low Battery charge in Ap Fastboot Fix - xda-developers

Moore2877

Reaction score
try this kenji

-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.

This works I found it by accident the other day in fastboot It will charge all the way to 100%.

Also you might want to consider getting a fastboot cable as it is such a weight of your shoulders to just have it.

kenji91

Reaction score
try this kenji

I actually tried this, but it went from the M logo right to the bootloader error message screen. :(

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Looks like the webtop didn't flash from the 219. It takes a while to get it done. You probably have to start over.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

kenji91

Reaction score
Looks like the webtop didn't flash from the 219. It takes a while to get it done. You probably have to start over.

I just tried to start it over from step 1.

The .219 files haven't changed since over a month ago, right? I have my files still extracted from zips from my .206 to .208 update, which worked for me.

Just for the record... I'm going to fastboot, running the utility tool and picking option 1 to restore to 6.12.181.

It runs, takes about ten minutes, there's a few errors... and then it reboots into fastboot again. From there, I'm using the unstick tool to put the 211 kernel on there. It takes a few seconds and reboots. When I go to reboot here to go to Recovery, I get the above error.

Zuofu

Reaction score
Can someone mirror the large Droid 4 utility files? My dropbox share got shut down b/c of exceeding bandwidth.