tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
so when can we have .215??

As soon as someone uses the Cheesecake.apk on their Gingerbread stock rooted Droid 4 to pull it down. My Droid 3 (edit build.prop) fails the verification process every time and deletes the file immediately after download.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
XDA says 214 is no longer on the server because 215 is there now. This will be confusing to newbies, especially of the leaks reach version 219.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
XDA says 214 is no longer on the server because 215 is there now. This will be confusing to newbies, especially of the leaks reach version 219.
I said it on both XDA and here...that .214 was gone and .215 was up. (I try to use the same username everywhere)

To make it less confusing we'll have to start calling it the full name... 6.16.215 so they know it's not 6.13.215/219 (GB).

I personally hope it goes SOAK then OTA before it hits 6.16.219.

JKingDev

Reaction score
I said it on both XDA and here...that .214 was gone and .215 was up. (I try to use the same username everywhere)

To make it less confusing we'll have to start calling it the full name... 6.16.215 so they know it's not 6.13.215/219 (GB).

I personally hope it goes SOAK then OTA before it hits 6.16.219.
I hope it goes soak/OTA soon. My earpiece volume is really bad and has been that way a while. Judging by search it looks like this is a common problem. I need an official image on it so I can get a replacement. I dont think it would be a good idea to take it back running a leak.. :/

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I said it on both XDA and here.
I just noticed that. It was silent for a couple weeks and then 214 sprung up then vanished and 215 shows a short time after. Hopefully we're getting closer to the OTA.

We need someone who is stock to dl the new leak. Maybe we can post a help wanted thread in the general section. I would do that but I would have to put the instructions for cheesecaking and I don't know how to do it.

larry0987

Reaction score
I'm trying, not sure which server I need and all I get is communicating with server please wait after telling it to set up an account

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I'm trying, not sure which server I need and all I get is communicating with server please wait after telling it to set up an account

You pretty much have to be 100% stock but rooted. Install cheesecake, run it, click the top button, allow super user access and reboot. After reboot, run cheesecake, click the second option and choose the QA servers and the first one listed under the QA section. Click the last button "check for updates" or whatever it says... it will say it needs to setup an account or some such....click setup and wait. If it just spins and spins....reboot and start at step 2...selecting the QA server again. You may have to do this a few times. When it finds it...click download and when it completes...DO NOT INSTALL it. Use a root file explorer to copy the two files from the /cache folder to your /sdcard. Installing deletes the files.

Also some times if you click setup you get taken to a "setup wifi", "use current" and "skip". I sometimes have to choose skip and it goes through like setting up the phone....I just next next next and then reboot and try again.

It is very much a pain...and you have to be stock or it won't work.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

larry0987

Reaction score
I'm on stock rom but under safe mode so I can remove all the crapware they put on the phone. Do I need to be on the unsafe rom?

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I hope that safe strap doesn't change too much and makes it not work. Just freezing bloatware makes it not work......

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

larry0987

Reaction score
I'm to assume at this point that I need to be enabled on the unsafe safe side, my battery is almost dead and I'm ready for bed, if no one else has got the latest in the morning I'll switch over and try from there.

1 question though, what does cheesecake change and do I need to change it back when the ota hits or will I get updates as normal?