1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ICS leak 6.16.211 system dump

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Hacks' started by myfishbear, Jun 19, 2012.

1. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

2. finndo77

finndo77 New Member

wow, it is a bit small, isn't it?

super duper thanks, my wife's D4 comes in tomorrow and I've been waiting for the next version after 208 to hit. Hope she likes it!
  3. myfishbear

WOAH!!!!!!! Dont flash this!!!!!!!!! lol this is something to mess with if you want a copy of the stock files.
    if you want the latest leak for the d4 look at this post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/212634-simplified-211-update-guide.html its the directions and files your lookin for
  4. finndo77

finndo77 New Member

that was coming next (bout to ask for assistance with flashing, but that post should cover it. I've done Samsung, HTC, and LG phones, but not Moto ones). I also wanted to ask, if I can swap apk's out from this or 208 or 206 into the flashable? not sure if I will, but you never know. Or do I need to wait until it is flashed, freeze and then replace?

There is just a bit too much info on this phone for my brain :) too many places to go to get it too, thankfully a lot of sites point to here instead of duplicating info. But after reading about 70% of the Droid 4 posts in the hacks and Roms forums, I still have no idea what a safeboot and fastboot are, or the difference. the best I can figure out is the moto phones are configured like a chromebook, dual partitions for the OS, allowing for updates to be made on one without affecting the other, then having the ability to switch between them during bootup. however on the D4 it sounds like there are other differences. let me go read that post you linked and I'll start a thread if I need more info. Thanks again. (I do know the difference between a dump and a Rom, I was looking for a flashable after I posted that reply, I am guessing the ICS leaks have been applied using a nandroid style install from what I have gathered from the other forum posts)

I am big on modifying Roms to suit my needs as far as installed apps go, I don't like excess as far as apk's are concerned, although I install a lot, only the ones I'll actually use. so I was happy to see this as it will be useful in the future (and I inferred that I would be installing 211, as this was the first thread I saw about it I was happy)
  5. myfishbear

fastboot is a low level tool on the phone that allows programming from the computer. you need the latest motorola drivers installed though MOTODEV > Tools & Testing > USB Drivers
    to enter fastboot hold down power and both vol keys, when menu appears use vol- to scroll and vol+ to select and program with the tool on the pc

to reset phone hold power and vol- for like 4 seconds

oh and safestrap is like a dual partition thing for adding roms, if you dont have it installed dont worry about it now.

Search tags for this page

6.16.211 update zip

6.16.211 system dump
motorola droid razr ics system dump
motorola droid razr system dump 6.16.211
razr .211 system dump
system dump
verizon, install update 6.16.211.en.us