ICS Leak .215

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
RSD Lite is the flashing program that Motorola uses the put software on the phones.

Fastboot are the install files that we can use if we mess up our phones to restore them to a normal state, while still maintaining our current apps and settings as FoxKat just demonstrated.

Matt's Utility v 1.8 has the files built into it so you don't have to use RSD lite you can just use option 1 on the utility and have your phone in AP fastboot mode.

OK I knew what RSD Lite was ... I used it to SBF my old Droid 2 back to Froyo because I didn't like Gingerbread. It's the fastboot that had me confuzzled. I have the last 3 of Matt's utilities saved just in case I need them, and they are awesome.

Thanks Sydman! :hail:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
OK I knew what RSD Lite was ... I used it to SBF my old Droid 2 back to Froyo because I didn't like Gingerbread. It's the fastboot that had me confuzzled. I have the last 3 of Matt's utilities saved just in case I need them, and they are awesome.

Thanks Sydman! :hail:

Fastboot are our new SBF, they just don't leave the phone in a completely factory state like the SBF.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
RSD Lite is the flashing program that Motorola uses the put software on the phones.

Fastboot are the install files that we can use if we mess up our phones to restore them to a normal state, while still maintaining our current apps and settings as FoxKat just demonstrated.

Matt's Utility v 1.8 has the files built into it so you don't have to use RSD lite you can just use option 1 on the utility and have your phone in AP fastboot mode.

View attachment 53174

Ninja'd!! :whore: :rofl2:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, SO...

RSD Lite V5.7 (https://www.box.com/shared/nvik76p1ll45svunalr3) is the VERY SAME TOOL that Motorola Authorized dealers use to flash the ROM Systems onto phones. They use the Factory Data Programming Cable (2.5 ft Micro USB Factory Cable Fastboot mode for Motorola Xoom Droid Razr Atrix | eBay) to do it, but we can use our stock cable. It's run on a Windows XP PC.

The current Fastboot Image Version 4.0.4 (http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_spyder/VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml.zip) is the one that will take you back to STOCK .211, and I have proven it will do so even from a leaked upgrade (in this case, .215).

You need to install the Motorola Drivers (https://www.box.com/shared/8cohqit95qz8yjunedrg), then install and run RSD Lite.

Once you've done that, you'll extract the Fastboot file above to a folder on your computer, then connect the phone via USB (make sure USB Debugging is set), and then set your phone to "Media Device" (MTP). Then RSD Lite will identify your phone.

Finally, you need to click on the browse button (...) at the top of the RSD Lite program, and browse to the VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml file in the folder you extracted the Fastboot to.

Finally, click "Start" and sit back.

:hail::hail::hail:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, Matt's utility does essentially the same thing. It's just HOW he accomplishes it that's different. I am a bit uneasy seeing all the things that happen along the way with Matt's Utility...that's not to say it doesn't work - quite the contrary! It's been a HUGE lifesaver for SOOO many people, and WE CAN'T THANK HIM ENOUGH for producing AND CONTINUING TO SUPPORT that tool.

However, RSD Lite is the "preferred" method of flashing to stock by the manufacturer and in certain situations, I feel a certain level of "OK, so if the technicians use this, I know it won't fail".

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah, Matt's utility does essentially the same thing. It's just HOW he accomplishes it that's different. I am a bit uneasy seeing all the things that happen along the way with Matt's Utility...that's not to say it doesn't work - quite the contrary! It's been a HUGE lifesaver for SOOO many people, and WE CAN'T THANK HIM ENOUGH for producing AND CONTINUING TO SUPPORT that tool.

However, RSD Lite is the "preferred" method of flashing to stock by the manufacturer and in certain situations, I feel a certain level of "OK, so if the technicians use this, I know it won't fail".

I concur with this too, that tool is nice and gets the job done. I still like doing things myself that I know I can and have experience with.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I'm downloading those files now from your link so I can store them away in my root tools folder "just in case" :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I concur with this too, that tool is nice and gets the job done. I still like doing things myself that I know I can and have experience with.

I remember the very first time I rooted my Droid 2 about 2 years ago ... it was not near as easy as it is now. Now all you have to do is "one click" and it's done. It took me an hour and I was nervous as a hooker in church because I really didn't want my new phone to be a paper weight. :icon_eek:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well folks, I can confirm that I have a completely stock .211 ICS Droid RAZR MAXX. NO user-installed applications, ALL factory installed applications, a basically blank internal storage (sdcard), and of course, the removable SD card (sdcard-ext) is still 100% intact.

I have just booted into Recovery and will be wiping Cache.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well folks, I can confirm that I have a completely stock .211 ICS Droid RAZR MAXX. NO user-installed applications, ALL factory installed applications, a basically blank internal storage (sdcard), and of course, the removable SD card (sdcard-ext) is still 100% intact.

I have just booted into Recovery and will be wiping Cache.

Feels strangely euphoric doesn't it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Rebooting and will now transfer the .215 update leak to the removable SD Card (sdcard-ext), for flashing.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Completed copying and will now be (correction) rooting and protecting root with Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper.

Last edited: