ICS Leak .215

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just a little something for you, MattyP...

I am back to the stock Red Boot Animation... What do you think that tells you? :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Doing FDR with FULL WIPE of internal storage now.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So you used RSD lite and the .211 fastboot files, and it took you off .215 and left all your stuff alone like it should?

That is awesome, so no FDR before or after?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So you used RSD lite and the .211 fastboot files, and it took you off .215 and left all your stuff alone like it should?

That is awesome, so no FDR before or after?

YEP!!

I am doing the FDR NOW, but the pics I posted above were immediately after the RSD Fastboot to .211, and as you see...user installed apps were still there.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
FDR done, reboot is in progress...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Takes a LOOOOONG time to finish reboot after full FDR with wipe...but...

I am at a WELCOME SCREEN!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Really weird...my clock says it's 1:23PM. I suppose it hasn't determined my location yet.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ok enlighten me oh wise Sensei ... what exactly is "RSD fastboot"?? :icon_eek:

RSD Lite is the flashing program that Motorola uses the put software on the phones.

Fastboot are the install files that we can use if we mess up our phones to restore them to a normal state, while still maintaining our current apps and settings as FoxKat just demonstrated.

Matt's Utility v 1.8 has the files built into it so you don't have to use RSD lite you can just use option 1 on the utility and have your phone in AP fastboot mode.

View attachment 53174

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, SO...

RSD Lite V5.7 (https://www.box.com/shared/nvik76p1ll45svunalr3) is the VERY SAME TOOL that Motorola Authorized dealers use to flash the ROM Systems onto phones. They use the Factory Data Programming Cable (2.5 ft Micro USB Factory Cable Fastboot mode for Motorola Xoom Droid Razr Atrix | eBay) to do it, but we can use our stock cable. It's run on a Windows XP PC.

The current Fastboot Image Version 4.0.4 (http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_spyder/VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml.zip) is the one that will take you back to STOCK .211, and I have proven it will do so even from a leaked upgrade (in this case, .215).

You need to install the Motorola Drivers (https://www.box.com/shared/8cohqit95qz8yjunedrg), then install and run RSD Lite.

Once you've done that, you'll extract the Fastboot file above to a folder on your computer, then connect the phone via USB (make sure USB Debugging is set), and then set your phone to "Media Device" (MTP). Then RSD Lite will identify your phone.

Finally, you need to click on the browse button (...) at the top of the RSD Lite program, and browse to the VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180_DHD-16_M4-31_1FF.xml file in the folder you extracted the Fastboot to.

Finally, click "Start" and sit back.