ICS lag

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by brunla, Oct 24, 2012.

1. mandragora

mandragora New Member

Considering the phone now is using 2 processors instead of one for gb it should have less lag but until I reduced the background processes it was definitely lagging. I have set it for 4 background processes now and it is still ok.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. rtunstall

rtunstall New Member

Thanks.... brunla, yeah!

At last my phone works right again! It has been a horrible experience until now. My cell was rooted and I lost that as a result of the ICS upgrade. Are there any cautions concerning rooting the Bionic now that this upgrade is in place? What process is recommended? I want to use Titanium to backup my phone then do a hard reset so I can redo the upgrade on a factory condition phone. Advice will be eagerly accepted.
  3. DroidFarmerBill

DroidFarmerBill New Member

i was getting alot of lag too, so i did a factory reset, and the phone is amazing now. i def recommend doing that if you have any lag at all.
  4. brunla

brunla New Member

I've done two factory resets and followed everything above. I still have slight lag. I went to the Verizon store yesterday to test ICS on different phones, and there is absolutely no lag on the S3 or Razr Maxx HD. I'm pretty disappointed with this phone.

5. spkay31

spkay31 New Member

I just wanted to chime in here, I own 3 Bionics (mine, wife's and one spare that needed a new screen) and I did a full reinstall of 905 via RSDLite before taking the update. All phones are very responsive and are running much more smoothly then GB 905. I don't have all the apps and crap I had installed when on GB so it is always possible that certain apps don't work well with ICS. From my experience ICS OTA has been a major improvement on the Bionic. Now I need to root and my mobile hotspot back again ;-)
  6. jetguat

jetguat New Member

What exactly would "transition animation scale" mean?
    I wasn't sure what the "window animation scale" until I tried 10x and saw effect.
  7. jetguat

jetguat New Member

Factory result. What portions of memory actually get blown away.. all the internal 16GB that is not core OS?
    I'm gunshy to to the reset. What about data files that app's put on the phone. aren't those wiped out.

I wish there was a junk cleaner. As I search throw folders i see so much "stuff" not which could be remnant from old apps.

And of course I have some games and would not really want to lose the "saved" data, especially for once that I purchased.
    Wouldnt a factory reset result in that stuff being lost?
  8. jetguat

jetguat New Member

I've done factory reset during the first few weeks when I was experimenting with the phone a year ago. Not I'm gunshy with all the apps I got installed.
    I know I've sampled hundred of other apps and I have that naggy feeling (to much MS windows in my life) of lots of remnant just laying around cluttering stuff
    up. A factory reset has some appeal as a manner to start from scratch again. Pretty sure even purchase apps from Google can be redownloaded. but what about apps that in in-app purchases. That sorta stuff, saved preferences, apps data files are likely gone right?
  9. nri1998

nri1998 New Member

I posted on this topic few days back. This might help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/227821-solution-slow-sluggish-phone-after-ics-update.html

I
    n case the link doesn't work:

Go to settings, developer options, make sure windows animation scale and transition animation scale is set to either .5X or Zero.
  10. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Paid apps through the Play Store can be redownloaded. Don't know about the daily free apps from Amazon. I believe you lose all your data, but not stuff like pictures.
  11. pistacio

pistacio New Member

Amazon daily free apps previously downloaded can be redownloaded.
  12. Scribble

Scribble New Member

Anyone know an easy way to actually re-auth your phone after a factory reset without turning off 2-step? When we reset my wife's phone a few months ago we had to turn of 2-step before it would let her sing into her account... Does it just need a device specific password or something?
  13. intmd8r

intmd8r New Member

Yes, I believe that's exactly it - if it's not asking you for an authorization code generated from the mobile app, it means you will need to set up and use a device-specific password.
  14. Scribble

Scribble New Member

I'm wanting to do a reset since my phone has been having a bunch of lag issues in the last few months... but avoiding it because of snafus like this. :p
  15. masbate_24

masbate_24 New Member

Anyone can tell me how to flash a956?
  16. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

You might get that question answered in the Droid 2 forum.
Search tags for this page

droid bionic lag

droid bionic lag fix
droid bionic lagfix

droid bionic lagging

droid bionic laggy
droid bionic lags
droid bionic update makes my phone lag
how to fix ics lag
ics lag fix
ics lagg
take lag out of droid bionic