ICS lag

jetguat

Reaction score
Mine was running horribly slow after the ICS update. I finally did a factory reset last night. Huge difference. It is not lagging at all any more.

Factory result. What portions of memory actually get blown away.. all the internal 16GB that is not core OS?
I'm gunshy to to the reset. What about data files that app's put on the phone. aren't those wiped out.

I wish there was a junk cleaner. As I search throw folders i see so much "stuff" not which could be remnant from old apps.

And of course I have some games and would not really want to lose the "saved" data, especially for once that I purchased.
Wouldnt a factory reset result in that stuff being lost?

jetguat

Reaction score
i was getting alot of lag too, so i did a factory reset, and the phone is amazing now. i def recommend doing that if you have any lag at all.

I've done factory reset during the first few weeks when I was experimenting with the phone a year ago. Not I'm gunshy with all the apps I got installed.
I know I've sampled hundred of other apps and I have that naggy feeling (to much MS windows in my life) of lots of remnant just laying around cluttering stuff
up. A factory reset has some appeal as a manner to start from scratch again. Pretty sure even purchase apps from Google can be redownloaded. but what about apps that in in-app purchases. That sorta stuff, saved preferences, apps data files are likely gone right?

nri1998

Reaction score
I have had ICS installed now for 30+ hours and the lag is ridiculous. Opening apps takes forever! I feel like I am on my Droid 1 again! And yes I Factory reset and wiped cache...twice. But hey at least I have 4G again. So now I can sit around and wait for 20 seconds after pushing a button for it to do something. I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.

I posted on this topic few days back. This might help.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/227821-solution-slow-sluggish-phone-after-ics-update.html

I
n case the link doesn't work:

Go to settings, developer options, make sure windows animation scale and transition animation scale is set to either .5X or Zero.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've done factory reset during the first few weeks when I was experimenting with the phone a year ago. Not I'm gunshy with all the apps I got installed.
I know I've sampled hundred of other apps and I have that naggy feeling (to much MS windows in my life) of lots of remnant just laying around cluttering stuff
up. A factory reset has some appeal as a manner to start from scratch again. Pretty sure even purchase apps from Google can be redownloaded. but what about apps that in in-app purchases. That sorta stuff, saved preferences, apps data files are likely gone right?

Paid apps through the Play Store can be redownloaded. Don't know about the daily free apps from Amazon. I believe you lose all your data, but not stuff like pictures.

Scribble

Reaction score
Anyone know an easy way to actually re-auth your phone after a factory reset without turning off 2-step? When we reset my wife's phone a few months ago we had to turn of 2-step before it would let her sing into her account... Does it just need a device specific password or something?

intmd8r

Reaction score
Anyone know an easy way to actually re-auth your phone after a factory reset without turning off 2-step? When we reset my wife's phone a few months ago we had to turn of 2-step before it would let her sing into her account... Does it just need a device specific password or something?
Yes, I believe that's exactly it - if it's not asking you for an authorization code generated from the mobile app, it means you will need to set up and use a device-specific password.

Scribble

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do a reset since my phone has been having a bunch of lag issues in the last few months... but avoiding it because of snafus like this. :p