ICS lag

bionicDman

Reaction score
Stingray71 said:
Noticing the same thing when opening facebook slacker, and kindle. Used HOB 247 ICS. Did fresh install as well.

You really need to install 246 via HoB if you're still on 247.

WildhogFLHRC

Reaction score
Found a fix! Please go to settings>developers options>transition animation scale and turn it off or .5. Same thing with windows scale.
The phone is now working properly and speedy. HUGE difference!

Awesome!!! I've just made the suggest change to "off" and it has made a significant difference!!! I was about ready to throw the phone against the wall the other day!

Great find and great job!

Crazebeats

Reaction score
It may be one of you old apps that was installed and even when you fdr you reinstalled it. You should have no lag been on this build for over a month with no issues

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

brunla

Reaction score
I turned off transition animation scale, AND window animation scale. I was still noticing some lag. I then changed 'background process limit' to NO background processes and my phone is finally acting quick and speedy! Not sure what background process thing does exactly, but I could not handle 20-30 second delays opening apps.

mandragora

Reaction score
I turned off transition animation scale, AND window animation scale. I was still noticing some lag. I then changed 'background process limit' to NO background processes and my phone is finally acting quick and speedy! Not sure what background process thing does exactly, but I could not handle 20-30 second delays opening apps.

I just set 2 background processes and it seems to be much better.

triniwasp

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips guys, that really helped. I can't help but wondering if it should be necessary though. I know ICS is more resource intensive, but the Bionic specs are till pretty good, no?

dihtn

Reaction score
Mine was running horribly slow after the ICS update. I finally did a factory reset last night. Huge difference. It is not lagging at all any more.

mandragora

Reaction score
Considering the phone now is using 2 processors instead of one for gb it should have less lag but until I reduced the background processes it was definitely lagging. I have set it for 4 background processes now and it is still ok.

rtunstall

Reaction score
Thanks.... brunla, yeah!

At last my phone works right again! It has been a horrible experience until now. My cell was rooted and I lost that as a result of the ICS upgrade. Are there any cautions concerning rooting the Bionic now that this upgrade is in place? What process is recommended? I want to use Titanium to backup my phone then do a hard reset so I can redo the upgrade on a factory condition phone. Advice will be eagerly accepted.

DroidFarmerBill

Reaction score
i was getting alot of lag too, so i did a factory reset, and the phone is amazing now. i def recommend doing that if you have any lag at all.

brunla

Reaction score
I've done two factory resets and followed everything above. I still have slight lag. I went to the Verizon store yesterday to test ICS on different phones, and there is absolutely no lag on the S3 or Razr Maxx HD. I'm pretty disappointed with this phone.

i was getting alot of lag too, so i did a factory reset, and the phone is amazing now. i def recommend doing that if you have any lag at all.

spkay31

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in here, I own 3 Bionics (mine, wife's and one spare that needed a new screen) and I did a full reinstall of 905 via RSDLite before taking the update. All phones are very responsive and are running much more smoothly then GB 905. I don't have all the apps and crap I had installed when on GB so it is always possible that certain apps don't work well with ICS. From my experience ICS OTA has been a major improvement on the Bionic. Now I need to root and my mobile hotspot back again ;-)

jetguat

Reaction score
Found a fix! Please go to settings>developers options>transition animation scale and turn it off or .5. Same thing with windows scale.
The phone is now working properly and speedy. HUGE difference!

What exactly would "transition animation scale" mean?
I wasn't sure what the "window animation scale" until I tried 10x and saw effect.