ICS lag

x25064

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the lag that ICS introduces into the razr when you have several apps installed? Empty, the phone is great but throw a couple processes at it and it gets jittery. Reminds me of the Droid 1 days....

I notice this most in 3d games. They used to run like a champ on .185 but are frequently jittery indicating a noticeable drop in FPS on .211.

Also running autokiller on extreme and its made only a nominal difference

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well actually running an app killer could be your issue. It kills apps that shouldn't be killed. Android 4.0 is very good at managing itself as far as closing apps that aren't needed.. try deleting your app killer and rebooting your phone, see if it helps :)

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Yeah I thought so too, however the issue persisted without the app killer. I did a hard reset thinking maybe I needed a fresh install. I may just flash .211 again through rsd.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You could try that.. one other thing, try clearing your cache, both on the phone and through your apps. :)

brunla

Reaction score
I have had ICS installed now for 30+ hours and the lag is ridiculous. Opening apps takes forever! I feel like I am on my Droid 1 again! And yes I Factory reset and wiped cache...twice. But hey at least I have 4G again. So now I can sit around and wait for 20 seconds after pushing a button for it to do something. I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I have had ICS installed now for 30+ hours and the lag is ridiculous. Opening apps takes forever! I feel like I am on my Droid 1 again! And yes I Factory reset and wiped cache...twice. But hey at least I have 4G again. So now I can sit around and wait for 20 seconds after pushing a button for it to do something. I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.

Just curious, how waas you Bonic configured? Ever ROM'd or rooted? I applied the ota to a totally stock Bionic. I have been running for about 22 hours now, have noticed no screen transition or app lag at all. Only thing I have noticed is that my battery life is slightly worse. Will likely play with some Smart Actions to see if I can impact that, otherwise I can live with it. Running so well, that I have delayed buyng a Samsung G3 and will wait for the G4

raptor2001

Reaction score
My bionic is very responsive after ics. My battery life is the same or a bit better. I've had ics since yesterday morning and I'm very pleased.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'm beginning to understand why people have iPhones.
Because they like smaller screens, inferior hardware, and being locked down by Apple's restrictive interface?

But in all seriousness, you shouldn't be having issues with it. You installed it via the OTA?

Stingray71

Reaction score
Noticing the same thing when opening facebook slacker, and kindle. Used HOB 247 ICS. Did fresh install as well.

raptor2001

Reaction score
You may also want to install something like 'OS monitor' to see if you have a process that is taking most of the CPU

brunla

Reaction score
Never rom'd or rooted. Just bizarre how some people have major issues with this phone and others do not. Same phone, same hardware.

Just curious, how waas you Bonic configured? Ever ROM'd or rooted? I applied the ota to a totally stock Bionic. I have been running for about 22 hours now, have noticed no screen transition or app lag at all. Only thing I have noticed is that my battery life is slightly worse. Will likely play with some Smart Actions to see if I can impact that, otherwise I can live with it. Running so well, that I have delayed buyng a Samsung G3 and will wait for the G4

jcw122

Reaction score
I also experience pretty bad lag. Not all the time but when it happens it's very bad.

Dolly

Reaction score
I'm also having trouble opening aps. Facebook and especially the Droid Forum! Seems to hang up our take forever. Haven't tried many others. But I am getting a great 4G signal, which

bassman1547

Reaction score
I have lag and redraws too.. I'm trying different things. The Droid community, no doubt in my mind, will figure it out eventually, if I am yet unsuccessful. Take a look at the developer tools in the menu section..might be something to tweak there.

brunla

Reaction score
Found a fix! Please go to settings>developers options>transition animation scale and turn it off or .5. Same thing with windows scale.
The phone is now working properly and speedy. HUGE difference!