ICS killed my battery???

jovannewland

Reaction score
Hello all! On Friday, I upgraded my Droid Razr to ICS. Since then, my battery will not take a charge, charge past a certain %, hold a charge at times, and discharge while charging. Ive searched the forum and tried a couple solutions. When I turned my phone off to charge last night, it started at 40%, and when I work up, it was at 20% (while it was off?!?!). I tried the hard reset yesterday and today. Ive wiped the cache. And as I type, I am now using my Kindle charger instead of the factory one (may be dreaming that its the charger?)Everything else from the upgrade is working just fine, no freezing, its not taking on a mind of its own, nothing, its great! But it is all worthless if I dont have a battery, right?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Power off and charge the device... it sounds to me like your cable I'd messed up. Happened to my wife's maxx. Plug in the cable, wiggle it around, see if it loses connection... if so, then the cable needs to be warrantied. If it keeps connection...then proceed to the next step...

Or you can....Do a factory reset, uncheck backup and restore in the privacy file first.. then do an fdr(factory reset) . This should clear up any issues you have. Cause if you don't have a bad cable, you have a bad install... its not that bad.. and look at it this way.. you can do a factory reset and keep the device you have... or get a warrantied device that you don't know if the pixels all work or any of a number of possible issues.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
J

jovannewland

Reaction score
Thank you! I will give it a try. But out of curiosity, how does the battery lose life when it is off and charging? the cable can cause that?

Trash Can

Reaction score
Thank you! I will give it a try. But out of curiosity, how does the battery lose life when it is off and charging? the cable can cause that?

Try what 94lt1 suggested. Once complete, it sounds like you may need to calibrate your battery meter as follows:

1. Power OFF and charge to 100%. This should take no longer 3 hrs on a Razr, 5-6 on a Maxx. You can check the level of charge by pressing either volume button.
2. Use normally until you get the "low battery" pop-up warning at 10%.
3. Power OFF and charge to 100%.

Once this process is complete, use the phone normally and charge as needed. Small charges of short duration are NOT harmful, but the above procedure should be accomplished once every 2 to 3 months to keep the battery in sync with the meter.