ICS Issues/Questions?

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Things I have noticed with ICS that I am not sure can be fixed or changed, not sure if rooting would help or not.
1. Speaker volume is horrible now.

2. My contacts list keeps changing the ‘contacts to display’ options. I do not want to see all my fb contacts at all!! Nor did I want to see all the BS contacts in my gmail address book. I cleaned house so those aren’t an issue for now, but they never showed up before ICS.

3. My Calendar isn’t syncing but that might be an app issue (I haven’t looked into it yet)

4. If I have my WiFi turned on and I lose internet at home (which unfortunately happens A LOT lately) or anywhere else neither 3G or 4G kicks in, it just says I have no internet connection available. On GB it would kick in.

I am sure there are other things but at the moment they aren’t coming to mind (other than the charge only option grrrrr). Is there a fix for any of these or am I just SOL. If rooting is the answer, please explain why it is the answer. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PS. I was not on pins and needles waiting for ICS, I knew there would be issues with it. However I played with a leaked JB the other day on a Galaxy and that does look worth waiting for....

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a discussion about the losing internet on wifi the other day. My D3 does not turn on 3G if wifi does not have an internet connection. And I'm on GB, so I'm not sure if I know that answer!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Tis my Wi-Fi does this too. A fdr helped temporarily.. as far as the rest.... typical :) try clearing data on the Calender app, and force closing it... this kicked mine into gear. I'm sire you've gone into settings and made sure it was setup correctly...... other than that.. ics has some bugs... :( but its much better than gb was when it came out.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jeverts

Reaction score
If I root my maxx, can I overclock? If so how? Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with calendar. It was fine when I refreshed the calendar, but it wasn't syncing by itself. I put the control bar widget on a screen and turned on sync. Works perfectly now. You can also go to settings, accounts and sync and turn on sync at the top right. Make sure your account shows up in there for sync.