ICS install hanging at Upgrading Media Database

radjazz

Reaction score
I am getting nervous. I waited and waited and read and read on how to do the update to ICS. I finally decided to do the update and all went "well". I downloaded the 232 leak from the sticky, put the file on the SD card, powered down, etc. The install went good. Rebooted and the "Android is upgrading...." screen came on. I watched as it upgraded this and that. I have been sitting at Upgrading Media database for about 25 minutes. Is this normal? Did I miss a place where I was supposed to delete all my media? What can I do now to prevent bricking this phone? I knew I should have just waited.......

deduct

Reaction score
Try powering phone off and removing battery and reboot.

OP
R

radjazz

Reaction score
Well.. I got nervous, I got paranoid, I got my USB cable and plugged it in to make sure I could keep power. In just a few seconds of posting this and plugging in the cable, "Finishing Boot"... Not sure that the cable did anything, but it worked.

*edit I did time this process, so I was hung up at the Media update from 3:53 until I posed this at 4:27. Just wanted to put that in here if anyone else runs into an issue.

deduct

Reaction score
Good deal. It is good to reboot a couple of times after installing a leak or a custom rom in order for everything to work correctly.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
When my Droid R2D2 got the official OTA update of GB. My phone hung on the process..after 15min or so it finally finished not sure what step it was since it was the boot screen of R2 looking back and forth...so how do you like ICS on Bionic?

OP
R

radjazz

Reaction score
Amazing. So fast I almost feel like I have a new phone. And since my wife picked up the lapdock for $50 for Father's Day I kinda got a tablet too!

Still learning all the fun things to do. Any suggestions on "Must have" apps?

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Chrome is my new browser. Tabbed browsing, smooth zooming animations (plus double tapping auto zooms perfectly), convenient features like it gives you a magnified area when there are multiple links really close together. Plus, it synced with my laptop.

OP
R

radjazz

Reaction score
I am looking for apps in general but would like to see ics showing off. I am not sure if I am ready to go all in and root just yet though.
I do miss one app from GB, it was the social media one. I liked that I could have both Facebook and twitter on one widget and liked the layout too. Anyone know if I can get that back or a good replacement?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score