ICS for RAZR/Maxx Available for Manual Download on June 30

Bochoa

Reaction score
I have a htc rezound, can someone please tell me when they think the update to ics will be available, I heard some time after the razrs?????

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Bochoa said:
I have a htc rezound, can someone please tell me when they think the update to ics will be available, I heard some time after the razrs?????

I don't think it's even been soaked yet so it will be 2 weeks at the earliest. The simple answer is you'll get it as soon as Verizon says you can have it.

Snoking

Reaction score
dfcfu342 said:
I don't think it's even been soaked yet so it will be 2 weeks at the earliest. The simple answer is you'll get it as soon as Verizon says you can have it.

HTC does not do soak tests, that is a Motorola thing.

jldj01

Reaction score
Got the ICS OTA yesterday. The update appeared to work fine until I found that some of the features like face unlock, slide pattern were grayed out. Called VZW tech support and they said to do a factory reset to get these features to work. Wow, was that a mistake! My SD card wasn't recognized by my phone saying it was password protected by another device, etc. Called VZW again and tried the recovery mode and that didn't work either. Anyone else have this problem? By the way, Verizon is shipping me another Razr due to this problem.:icon_evil:

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Snoking said:
HTC does not do soak tests, that is a Motorola thing.

Learned something new today I just assumed that was the norm I've only owned Moto's. The second statement still stands :)

Snoking

Reaction score
jldj01 said:
Got the ICS OTA yesterday. The update appeared to work fine until I found that some of the features like face unlock, slide pattern were grayed out. Called VZW tech support and they said to do a factory reset to get these features to work. Wow, was that a mistake! My SD card wasn't recognized by my phone saying it was password protected by another device, etc. Called VZW again and tried the recovery mode and that didn't work either. Anyone else have this problem? By the way, Verizon is shipping me another Razr due to this problem.:icon_evil:

VZW should require their reps to spend a hour a day on the forums to learn how to fix the common issues. But NO they just want to send one a refurbished phone that may or may not have been fixed.

The Rezound goes into bootloop once in a while and getting it out of it is easy, yet they have one do a factory reset and then ship a replace when that does not work.

Last edited:

jldj01

Reaction score
VZW should require their reps to spend a hour a day on the forums to learn how to fix the common issues. But NO they just want to send one a refurbished phone that may or may not have been fixed.

The Rezound goes into bootloop once in a while and getting it out of it is easy, yet they have one do a factory reset and then ship a replace when that does not work.

I hope that issue is resolved with the phone not recognizing the SD card with the encrypted files. I agree that the so called level one or two techs should have training on possible issues with the roll out of ICS. I had backed up my data for all apps plus music and pictures on this card and now it's useless all due to the factory reset. I even backed up these files on my computer before the reset and I still get error message after transferring these files to another SD card. I believe it's the phone not recognizing the encryption on these files. I'm not optimistic about the replacement phone. They assured me that the replacement phone will recognize the SD card. :angry:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I would love to have a job that gave discounted access to the latest greatest phones and zero knowledge about the product or services that my company provided.

Living on the razr's edge that even a verizon rep. Can't dull

Markee

Reaction score
Currently downloading ICS... Going slow and the phone is very hot while downloading... Have not done a factory reset before download... Will I have issues????

Should I say no to the restart and try to save everying and then do a reset before the install???

Markee

Reaction score
ICS Loaded. Everything working well --- so far. Much quicker response on everything. Nicer fonts, clearer display... great improvement... Stay Tuned...

July 4 update: Still working well. No technical issues... Amazed that it has gone this well. Very satisfied with the new system. Like the unlock system much better. Thanks Verizon.

Last edited: