ICS Facial Recognition

Parawood

Reaction score
I am very surprised that they went with facial recognition as an unlock mechanism. Don't know if it's possible to read but wouldn't a fingerprint / thumbprint have been a better way to go? Not as easy to bypass. Set a box to press your finger against and tada!

Anyone know if this would be possible?

jwilly216

Reaction score
The touch screen is not sensitive enough to read the tiny lines on our finger.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
The Attrix has a finger print reader. I always thought it was a pretty neat feature. Would be cool if more phones had it, but I guess it's more of a novelty.

jwilly216

Reaction score
What might work tho- is if u just had to point ur thumb at the camera until it fills a box on the screen. Then it would need an accurate fingerprint recognition software to analyze the picture of the thumb

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Facial unlock is just a novelty. It doesn't work well on my Alienware laptop either.

mark1wat

Reaction score
I think this is a real cool feature, but as I have used it the last couple of days, I realized it was a little glitchy. The change in lighting, glasses, etc caused it to not unlock.

Today I noticed the "improve face matching" option in the settings. I was able to let it scan me with my sunglasses, safety glasses, and I am going to do it in different lightings also. So far it has worked A LOT better.

bigtex52

Reaction score
On my nexus I accidentally had it pointing towards the wall when unlocking and it still "saw" me somehow. Not very secure. And before some wise-ass says it, I don't look like the wall. :p