ICS default contact pictures?

kstrehle

Reaction score
Anyone know how to set Facebook pics to be the default for contact pictures?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go into people, the new contacts app, tap options, tap contacts to display. There's also an option to sync fb info to contacts inside the fb for android app. Tap sync on that. Its in the fb app, rap options, settings, and its at the bottom :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
K

kstrehle

Reaction score
Yes, I've done that... I think my problem now is that the google profile pics are overwriting/taking priority. There's got to be some default setting... But i can't find it! Thx for the suggestion tho

rjenk

Reaction score
On the Nexus with ICS, contacts used Google+ photos only...there were several third party apps that you could download to sync photos from FB. Probably the same way with ICS on the RAZR. I have used Facebook Contact Sync.

OP
K

kstrehle

Reaction score
rjenk: thx for the suggestion on the Facebook contact sync app. It did the trick for most contacts. Still having pastures with a couple of em but overall it worked. I'd been using syncmypics but it wasn't overriding the Google pics.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can manually do it on the razr, just as I described before :) it worked for me:) ymmv

Last edited:

rjenk

Reaction score
You can manually do it on the razr, just as I described before :) it worked for me:) ymmv

That works as well, but it displays all of your FB contacts...in my case, I only wanted to have the contacts I entered in Google. Prior to ICS, Google would pull in photos from FB, but with ICS and Google+, they changed it to only display photos from Google+.

The Moto version of Contacts has some other features that stock ICS does not, but it still is a pain if you do not want to see all FB contacts or Google+ photos.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
True... a pain.. lol :)