ICS copy/paste???

Kstyle723

Reaction score
I'm sure somewhere in the 747394736 posts of ICS the answer to my question is floating around, but I simply don't have the time to read it all. Im trying to figure out how to copy text... as in just a few words in a paragraph like I could with gb. Also, how do we save pics now? Like on Facebook, I could do a long press on a pic and save it to my gallery... now it does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Slice like a ninja, cut like a RAZR blade...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
On the pics, tap on the pic, the long press and select save image... its different from site to site.

As far as copying text, long press on the screen and two cursors will pop up. Slide them to highlight the text, then at the top of the screen, the page icon, tap it. This will copy the text to the clipboard.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can get it to work on something like a Google image search, but it won't work on FB for me either. I have tried from the APP and the website, it just flashes and never brings up a menu to save it. Using the default browser FWIW.

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
For some reason the long press doesn't work for me.... the two cursors won't pop up like I'm gb. I'm stumped lol... overall though I do like ics much better. Everything seems to work a little smoother. Other issues would webtop
Wallpaper is off on my TV, and the little windows are kinda annoying. Also not crazy about the lock screen with the they key really doesn't even lock???

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
???

chelsea22

Reaction score
So, the only thing I've figured out is on Facebook in your browser go to the photo and underneath it, it says "view full size" and if you click on that it will download it. I haven't figured out copy and paste yet either. And something else that drives me crazy is if I have multiple texts but I read one of them, the icon goes away.

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
So, the only thing I've figured out is on Facebook in your browser go to the photo and underneath it, it says "view full size" and if you click on that it will download it. I haven't figured out copy and paste yet either. And something else that drives me crazy is if I have multiple texts but I read one of them, the icon goes away.

Thanks for your reply! I just found out the Facebook thing yesterday lol. Still trying to figure out copy/paste. If you find anything out let me know and I will do the same ;)

chelsea22

Reaction score
New update!! Haha. So the copy/paste thing. When you long press on the screen, the blue area pops up and you can move the ending arrows to starting/ending points, well a little bar pops up at the top if you hit the paper looking thing it says copied to clipboard...
If you're in a text field another thing pops up with other options.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was going to reply and tell you how to post pics, but it would appear you got it figured out LOL :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As was I lmao..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol.. my first few times, I cut and I was like.. where'd it go??? Then I put two and four together and got 1... :confused::eek: lol. Meaning I figured it out lol

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol.. my first few times, I cut and I was like.. where'd it go??? Then I put two and four together and got 1... :confused::eek: lol. Meaning I figured it out lol

Well I DID know that the little scissors icon more than likely meant cut. LMAO :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol. I did too, but my maxx was going hay wire.. so it would paste it after the cut.. so I thought I was mistaken.. then I three the phone against a wall.. then it worked :blink:.. baahahahahaha.. jk..