ICS Calendar source build issues.

DarkNet

Reaction score
I am having an issue with the calendar not syncing when built from source. If I replace the built app with a prebuilt version from google the sync works just fine. note: built Calendar will not show up in "Accounts & Sync" either.
I have noticed a difference in the logs when the app is running. The prebuilt version launches and runs activities as com.google.android.calendar/com.android.calendar.<Insert Activity>, but when built from source it launches as com.android.calendar/.<Insert Activity>.

Could this be causing the issues and or why is the prebuilt version running off of a different package then what is released from to source?

Any help would be great.
thx

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
After further investigation is appears that the calendarsync adapter is now built into the gapps supplied calendar app instead of a separate apk. This extremely limits the ability to AOSP development on the calendar since google has pretty much just removed the ability to sync it to google calendar. Who this affects: Anyone developing custom roms that involve updates to the calendar.