ICS booted on D3

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;CGVq5eTOAmQ]http://youtu.be/CGVq5eTOAmQ[/video]​

We have all heard of Hashcode and have been impressed time and time again with his work in the android community and this one is right up there, between software rendering,encryption, and debugging hardware acceleration issues he was finally able to get a suitable video up to share with the community - of course this is very alpha but the video shows how far it has actually come and how much work Hashcode put into this build

Read the entire blog entry - Hashcode BlogSpot

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems for those who like to live on the edge Hashcode has included the download link - so get it now while it's hot :)

For those who like to live on the bleeding edge (or crashing in this case).. here's the ROM from the video. It's only been tested in Safestrap on the D3:

http://goo.gl/7Zllr

md5sum: 08e5231d0808910d6b0477f79c43cd55

astokes

Reaction score
Far from stable but very interesting and a sign of whats to come.

KOBALT

Reaction score
I'll ask the obvious question....

Why waste time with it on the D3?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why so much hate on the D3?

Hashcode HAS a D3, that's why he's working on it.

Lets not get started with this, as besides the Webtop and 4G, ROMs are almost interchangeable between D3 and Bionic.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
oh hells yes...

Ya what is with the hate.... go somewhere else if you don't like our d3. I for one am stoked now I hope hash will post his source codes .... .

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TyrantII

Reaction score
To the laymen, whats the benefit of this?

Blur has been running so good on my D3, and my battery life has been so excelent, that I haven;t felt the need to try another ROM.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

Blur has been running so good on my D3, and my battery life has been so excelent, that I haven;t felt the need to try another ROM.

Well he has successfully ported ICS to the D3. From here people can start building ICS ROMs which is pretty cool since it is the next OS that is not even officially released on any devices yet.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'll ask the obvious question....

Why waste time with it on the D3?
Oh darn, I could have sworn there was a DON'T LIKE (or REALLY DISLIKE) button, but I can't find it...

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I'm right there with you -- leave the house in the AM at 100% and never come home lower than 70% (of course, it SITS on my desk untouched all day LOL). Rooted but otherwise still a virgin. ;)

But seriously, this is massively redeeming news, as I was contemplating suicide after hearing about the D4 release. Please delay it until 2012. THE END of 2012!

-Matt

patfactorx

Reaction score
This why I am sticking with my Droid 3. It takes weeks for a new device to get rooted and good roms to show up.