ICS Battery Drain...

jssmith76

Reaction score
Howdy all. I'm really liking this ICS leak, except for the fact that my batter drains EXTREMELY fast now. Yesterday, I noticed that in 4.5 hours of having the phone sitting and doing nothing, it drained 94%. The biggest culprit I found is some "Motorola Services". Here's a pic of what I found this morning after 25 minutes of being unplugged...

ForumRunner_20120626_100724.png

Also, since installing the 2233 leak, the phone has been running at a minimum of 100 degrees while sitting idle. Under heavy usage, it'll jump up to a good 129 degrees. Is this dye to my processor now running at 1200 MHz?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
My battery life has been amazing, it seems to last hours longer than any of the 2.3.4 builds

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
what is motorola services? looks like something is running in the background. did you try pressing it to see if it will elaborate? or allow you to adjust the settings?

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
what is motorola services? looks like something is running in the background. did you try pressing it to see if it will elaborate? or allow you to adjust the settings?

Yeah, I dunno what "Motorola Services" is. Under the "Manage Apps" area, it doesn't show up in the "running" area, just in the "all" area. I click on it and it doesn't have a description on it, and it won't let me disable it either, that option is greyed out. I'm thinking that's what the culprit is. Under the "App Sucker" page of Bada$$ Battery, it's used up 58.9% of my power while the phone has been plugged in for the last 2 hours and 18 minutes. One thing I forgot to mention, I am also using the Motorola Extended Battery, so I "should" be getting a lot more battery usage while unplugged.

rduckwor

Reaction score
Boot into recovery and wipe your cache if you haven't yet done so.

This leak wrote lots of crap in there on my handset and clearing it out has helped my battery a lot.

Good Luck,

RMD

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Download Quadrant or CPU Tuner (both free on the Play Store), they can tell you what your CPU is clocked at now. Some people got bumped up to 1.2 Ghz, some people didn't.

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Yeah, I got Quadrant. That's how I knew my processor was clocked up to 1200 MHz.

Gonna reboot and clear cache now. Thanks.

OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ok, cache has been cleared. Guess I'll sit back and see how it works now. On a side note, I like the revised robot in recovery. Guess ICS changed alot of things here and there. ;-)