ICS Anyone.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by saintlikesniper, Aug 3, 2011.

1. saintlikesniper

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I would I imagine the same question is afflicting some people mind. Who all is getting Ice Cre am Sandwitch. I hope anything starting with droid x and above is getting it But I wouldn't imagine it going to most phones because of it removing the physical and capacitive buttons. Unless motorola and others add that functionality back I think it will be a problem for rom developers. To add that into custom roms for older phones not slated to get it. What's worse is even a new droid 3 may not get it because of low ram and so on. And I know the droid x specs are low but I'm only speaking of verizons line up and even then a droid x won't even get ics

What's everyones idea on it
    Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,670
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I'm confused where's the question?

Also you hope that Droid X is going to get ICS, but you go on to say Droid 3 won't due to low specs? The X has lower specs than the 3, so I would imagine the X wouldn't get it.

ICS won't be around for awhile, and we have yet to see a real slew of new phones come out, after all we're all still waiting for the Bionic and that thing is supposed to be a beast. In fact I believe those specs were revealed and no one knows if that's getting ICS or not.

3. saintlikesniper

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah once I read it I see my mistake what I meant is I hope phones starting and above the droid x meaning the lowest phone I would imagine to get it would be a stock x. I'm only speaking on verizons line up hope this clears some things up

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums