ICS and Wifi issues

mjcole

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the forums.

I'm pretty tech savvy, but since I've upgraded to ICS I am having a big issue with Internet connection and loading pages. It'll work for very short periods, but most of the time it times out loading pages. I have tried power cycling the phone, factory resetting it, and disconnecting and reconnecting to my WiFi network. I like the phone, but this issue is very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

If not, I think I'll try exchanging the phone.

Thanks for your help!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :)

I rarely use Wi-Fi, but when I do, I don't have this issue.. have you considered it possibly being your router??? How old is it? What type of device did you have before?? Did it have these issues?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:
OP
M

mjcole

Reaction score
Definitely not the router since my desktop, iPhone, and xbox all use the wifi without any issues at all. The phone is 2 days old. I just got it brand new and have had the issue since activation. My device before this is my iPhone 4S and it never had wifi problems and it currently works fine.

To me it seems the phone is trying to use my crappy 3G service instead of my wifi. I have tried toggling mobile data on and off and their is no real difference at all. I'm clueless.

dj7934

Reaction score
I am having this problem too. I've tried various wifi networks (home, office, hotels, coffee shops, etc.) seems to work immediately after I reboot the phone, then stops or if I wait too long after rebooting the phone it just doesn't work. Almost as if some process stops shortly after the phone has rebooted.

For me, it worked well for several weeks after the ICS update, but now, just no go.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dan