ICS 6.16.206 Stock Blur leak

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
A couple posts up I wrote the error.

I cant find it an gangrif's post is only 1/4 of the error i need the full error so could u please repost it?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
qe1/1
--Install /sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorala_XT894_Batterysave.3gp", "71ce34b3b53ae3a2d9bbfb9ceb3ba4452d73ea98", "4e7e24a6817763a5539e569c9d7e15c6e430a27b")
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
qe1/1
--Install /sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorala_XT894_Batterysave.3gp", "71ce34b3b53ae3a2d9bbfb9ceb3ba4452d73ea98", "4e7e24a6817763a5539e569c9d7e15c6e430a27b")
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
Idk how u did it but ur preinstall is either been corrupted or is incompatible do to installing a previous leak so u have to fastboot

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I figured I would have to do it. I installed the overclock from D4 utility, that may have messed with it. I tried RSD but when I click the file it only gives me the option to decompress. I'm currently downloading another one from mirror 3.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
I figured I would have to do it. I installed the overclock from D4 utility, that may have messed with it. I tried RSD but when I click the file it only gives me the option to decompress. I'm currently downloading another one from mirror 3.

Make sure ur device is detected u only get the decompress option only if the computer cant detect ur phone or u dont have it selected in rsdlite

Gangrif

Reaction score
Yea, I'm getting the same error as choochoo.

I wonder if it has to do with the version of 219 we downloaded? Was there a mucked up version distributed?

Gangrif

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
I'm fastbooting right now so I have a clean slate to start with.

Let's see what you end up with.

Is there a thread with directions for fastboot?
Do I lose my data if I fastboot?

Gangrif

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
My .219 was OTA so I doubt it was corrupted. What we did after that is another story.

Mine was downloaded and installed from recovery.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Let's see what you end up with.

Is there a thread with directions for fastboot?
Do I lose my data if I fastboot?
Go to this thread that tells you how to install the ICS leaks. It will have a link for fastboot with instructions. I think I'm kind of glad the ICS installation didn't work without us fastbooting because I want to ensure I'm able to root which can be a little finicky and if it fails there is currently no method to root ICS but the guy who made motofail is about to release it soon (hopefully no bounty this time, LOL).

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ed-android-4-0-4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894.html

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
Go to this thread that tells you how to install the ICS leaks. It will have a link for fastboot with instructions. I think I'm kind of glad the ICS installation didn't work without us fastbooting because I want to ensure I'm able to root which can be a little finicky and if it fails there is currently no method to root ICS but the guy who made motofail is about to release it soon (hopefully no bounty this time, LOL).

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/209130-how-install-leaked-android-4-0-4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894.html

Ota root keeper retains root as long as u temp unroot before the update

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
My .219 was OTA so I doubt it was corrupted. What we did after that is another story.

Lmao yeah if its not corrupted then its cuz u deleted/edited something u shouldnt have i am guessing safe strap edits something that bootstrap doesnt