ICS 6.16.206 Stock Blur leak

Gangrif

Reaction score
So, tried the update.. It aborted on me. Says it cant verify my current system.

assert failed: apply_patch_check("yaddayaddayadda")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
status 7
installation aborted.

Any idea what i've done to cause this?

I'm on 6.13.219.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I might take the plunge since I could keep root, but my other concern is whether my favorite progams will work on ICS:

Titanium backup
Rootcallblocker
Adfree
Screen adjuster
Adobe Flash (I want to use the stock browser, I've tried all the rest but I need flash to work).

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
I might take the plunge since I could keep root, but my other concern is whether my favorite progams will work on ICS:

Titanium backup
Rootcallblocker
Adfree
Screen adjuster
Adobe Flash (I want to use the stock browser, I've tried all the rest but I need flash to work).

They do most all apps on the market are ics compatible

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Cool, my battery is at 30% so I'm signing off so I can fully charge it and hopefully when I return I'll be running 206. Wish me luck :p

Gangrif

Reaction score
So, tried the update.. It aborted on me. Says it cant verify my current system.

assert failed: apply_patch_check("yaddayaddayadda")
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
status 7
installation aborted.

Any idea what i've done to cause this?

I'm on 6.13.219.

Note, i've tried both with root enabled, and with it disabled (using voodoo).
Same result.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gangrif said:
Note, i've tried both with root enabled, and with it disabled (using voodoo).
Same result.

Have u been using safestrap/boot strap or have messed with any system files/ uninstalling any apps? Update worked for me just fine with frozen bloat an rooted but with bootstrap completely deleted cuz it causes it to fail

Gangrif

Reaction score
Have u been using safestrap/boot strap or have messed with any system files/ uninstalling any apps? Update worked for me just fine with frozen bloat an rooted but with bootstrap completely deleted cuz it causes it to fail

Safestrap. I have safestrap installed, i've been fooling with CM9 in safe.

Do i need to remove safestrap first? I seem to remember doing this when i did 219 come to think of it.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gangrif said:

Do i need to remove safestrap first? I seem to remember doing this when i did 219 come to think of it.

Yes u have to completely remove it cuz its checking the boot.img file in the system an safe strap hijacks the log wrapper an u must delete the logwrapper that says hijack an the rename the logwrapper.bin by deleting just the .bin at the end the files are located at system/bin heres a pic before editing.

View attachment 50376

Gangrif

Reaction score

Removing safestrap didnt help....

ws6formula350

Reaction score

I had to uninstall Safestrap and Fastboot back to .219 for the update to install.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Gangrif

Reaction score
Yes u have to completely remove it cuz its checking the boot.img file in the system an safe strap hijacks the log wrapper an u must delete the logwrapper that says hijack an the rename the logwrapper.bin by deleting just the .bin at the end the files are located at system/bin heres a pic before editing.

View attachment 50376

I used safestrap's app to remove safestrap. It's gone (well, appears to be gone anyway).

Rebooting doesnt present me with my safestrap option anymore.

I checked /system/bin with root explorer. I have logwrawpper and logwrapper.bin. Are you saying that logwrapper.bin should _not_ be there?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ws6formula350 said:
I had to uninstall Safestrap and Fastboot back to .219 for the update to install.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah cuz it rewrites the system to stock which was unneeded work just follow my steps to manually edit the files that the safestrap edits