ICS .215 leak? Does it really help?

moset

Reaction score
There are several threads on how to upgrade but little on the differences. I'd like to get some impressions from those who have flashed .215, especially about battery life.
Maybe i should just go for it now that there is a path back. Will RSD restore .211 completely including kernel and radios?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Moset, there are several that have installed the. 215 leak but not one mention of it being worse. Reports of less lag, better battery, better data signal, much smoother, etc are what has been most reported. I did not notice a significant difference but I also did an fdr immediately prior to installing the OTA, immediately after the OTA, and immediately after installing the .215 leak. I also believe that most everyone who installed the 215 leak did at least one fdr, if not two. I don't think you are going to find anyone reporting that they had more problems after installing the leak. And there have been people that have successfully gone back to stock .211 after 215. Hope this helps some with your decision. I bet others will chime in soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Thanks, I've heard a little but like you said nothing that is worse.
I started getting some lag but killing running apps seems to fix that.
I guess the biggest thing is getting off the path but that should be taken care of. No way to be sure but...

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Everybody uses their phone differently, and everyone's experience is different, but the percentage of those who have noticed improvement is very very high, especially with the things Tis mentioned ... battery life, connectivity, etc. :)

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Only 3G here. I wonder if the kernel or the 4G radio is what helps most. I use lots of screen time. Usually get around 6 hours screen on with Maxx. My screen uses about 12%/hour on auto. How does that compare?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you would see a major improvement ... battery was one of the main issues addressed with .215

roaddaw9

Reaction score
There are several threads on how to upgrade but little on the differences. I'd like to get some impressions from those who have flashed .215, especially about battery life.
Maybe i should just go for it now that there is a path back. Will RSD restore .211 completely including kernel and radios?

I will say I have installed and happy I did. My battery life was greatly improved.

amadeuss

Reaction score
Battery life for me is twice as good. Plus now I have better service in areas where service bars were at minimum

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Well, i did it, just now, i think i like it. It does seem much snappier. No FDR before the update. But i did wipe cache. Now, tomorrow they will release .232 and it will fix everything.

amadeuss

Reaction score
Tomorrow? I had no idea.

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Wait for it. We'll see about battery.

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
What's up with this? Came 2 minutes after update. Related?

amadeuss

Reaction score
Shouldn't. Seems like txt spam

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Definitely spam. It is being pushed to your phone via an app that you recently installed. You can find out the likely culprit by using airpush detector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

rza49311

Reaction score
Well, I took the plunge and updated to 215 from stock ICS since GPS was useless and I have been dropping some calls which never happened before. Since updating, I can't really comment on dropped calls yet but unfortunately GPS is still not working very well. I have not tried a FDR at any point but that may be the next thing I try.