icream sandwich on droid 3

aagrlp640

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have a question, anybody knows if there will be a oficial update to icecream sandwich for droid 3

nu2droid

Reaction score
Motorola s website has a list of the devices that will get it. The D3 is not on the list.

Looks like the best we can hope for is a good port.

Sent from my DROID3

OP
A

aagrlp640

Reaction score
Motorola s website has a list of the devices that will get it. The D3 is not on the list.

Looks like the best we can hope for is a good port.

Sent from my DROID3
i see... thats bad news :'( i was hopping to install ics on my droid 3
Anyway can you send me the link to see wich other phones will get it

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
I put cm9 on my phone. Roms are the only way we'll be seeing ics, Motorola eol'd (end of life) our phone.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
I put cm9 on my phone. Roms are the only way we'll be seeing ics, Motorola eol'd (end of life) our phone.

This is false - Motorola has not yet said that the Droid 3 will or will not get an official ICS OTA upgrade. To say that a ROM is the only way that the phone will see ICS may end up being true, but it is not yet an accurate statement.

EOL does not mean that phones do not get upgrades. The Droid X and Droid 2 received Gingerbread upgrades well after they were no longer being made.

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
This is false - Motorola has not yet said that the Droid 3 will or will not get an official ICS OTA upgrade. To say that a ROM is the only way that the phone will see ICS may end up being true, but it is not yet an accurate statement.

EOL does not mean that phones do not get upgrades. The Droid X and Droid 2 received Gingerbread upgrades well after they were no longer being made.

Oh ya, sorry, my bad. That's just the way I took it, I don't usually have very high hopes for Motorola updates.

OP
A

aagrlp640

Reaction score

And how does cm9 works on droid 3? everything work?

I still have hope to install official ics on my droid 3

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Roms are a good way to see an os update if your phone won't get it through its manufacture and carrier and/or if you don't wanna wait for the official build. That's where our awesome community comes in handy. Like my droid 2 has ics thanks to the devs out there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

wildride89

Reaction score
I was looking on a Site today and they said that d3 was in r&d stage for ics. So the idea of ics for d3 isn't impossible

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

seaniscrazy

Reaction score
I love it

And how does cm9 works on droid 3? everything work?

I still have hope to install official ics on my droid 3

It works great. there are a few problems, a couple of the bigger ones i've run into is that you can't record video and the other one is that the mic and sound disappears (turning the bluetooth on then off fixes it) but besides that i love it. I heard that some of the newer nightlies fixed the video camera, but i haven't updated yet.

OP
A

aagrlp640

Reaction score
It works great. there are a few problems, a couple of the bigger ones i've run into is that you can't record video and the other one is that the mic and sound disappears (turning the bluetooth on then off fixes it) but besides that i love it. I heard that some of the newer nightlies fixed the video camera, but i haven't updated yet.

Thanks for the info!!

I think im going to wait to see if ics is released for droid 3

doogald

Reaction score
There is'nt going to be one according to the list motorola released

Motorola has the Bionic, Razr, RazrMaxx, Droid 4, Droid 3, Droid X2 all listed as "evaluation and development". They have not said that the D3 is not getting an ICS OTA - at least not yet.

OP
A

aagrlp640

Reaction score
Motorola has the Bionic, Razr, RazrMaxx, Droid 4, Droid 3, Droid X2 all listed as "evaluation and development". They have not said that the D3 is not getting an ICS OTA - at least not yet.

Doogald is right the havent said officially that ics wont be available for droid 3

Heres the update status of motorola devices
https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c