Icons/Widgets slow to show back up?

tdowning6

Reaction score
:motdroidvert: Hi, I have a Droid1 and have the OTA update, Sometimes coming out of apps or taking it off the car dock it takes up to 10 seconds for the icons or widgets to show back up? It also freezes up at times? Is anyone else having this issue and is there anything I can do?
Thanks, Tom

eodguy2

Reaction score
been having same problem after the 2.2 update. This has been a common problem as I have read it some where else also. kinda of really annoyning!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do a search for "Redraw" and you'll find some helpful hints as to what others have done to stop slow redraws.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you don't have a Rom with compcache functionality then try minfree manager from the market. Set the presets to aggressive and apply at boot, reboot then you should be good.:icon_ banana:

Daethian

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy! I like the new features of Froyo but the lagging and locking up is just too much!!

Going to look for this minfree manager now.

eh nevermind requires rooting and I'm not doing that.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is driving me crazy! I like the new features of Froyo but the lagging and locking up is just too much!!

Going to look for this minfree manager now.

eh nevermind requires rooting and I'm not doing that.

Have you done a factory hard reset? If not do one and if your problems persist, call verizon. This update is working flawlessly for millions of people. If it isn't working on your phone it is a warranty issue. I've read of quite a few folks that have taken their phones to a factory Verizon store and had the os reflashed with good results. Is that not an option?

Daethian

Reaction score
Took my Droid to Verizon. They performed a hard reset and then the upgrade to Froyo. I still have some Redraw lag but it seems like it may be slightly better. I just did this on Wed so waiting to see if I get anymore spontaneous reboots.