icons on screen, how to remove them?

jillian

Reaction score
On my motorola droid a855 beside the time, battery life icon, and reception bars icons, I've got blue arrows with a line underneath them, a message box with a smiley face in it, an envelope, and a file icon with a checkmark in it.

I think the blue arrows are telling me that i've got some downloads to look at, but i don't know how to access the downloads...how do i access my downloads?

i dont know what the message box with the smiley face in it means? I've got no unread text messages so it doesnt mean that.

Dont know what the envelope means b/c I dont have any unread voicemails (just a saved voicemail)or text messages...is it indicating unread email messages?

the file icon with the checkmark in it means that i just installed an app on my phone (ASTRO file manager).

so how do i get rid of all these icons? please help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly these are across the top of your Droid which is the notification area. Place your finger in the center of the list and slide down. You will see a notification for each. Tap and that app will open. Do this for each icon.

Mike

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I have to assume you are talking about the Notification Bar at the top of the screen. If so, all you need to do is place your finger at the top of the screen on the Notification Bar and "slide" your finger down...this will reveal the Notification Area, and there you will see CLEAR button...click it and the Notification Are will be "wiped" clean until something else needs to be displayed.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If I understand correctly these are across the top of your Droid which is the notification area. Place your finger in the center of the list and slide down. You will see a notification for each. Tap and that app will open. Do this for each icon.

Mike
Sorry...I guess I was typing at the same time you were...:biggrin:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

It is good we help each other. I forgot about the clear and you covered it, thanks.

Mike

OP
J

jillian

Reaction score

Mike

It is good we help each other. I forgot about the clear and you covered it, thanks.

Mike
Thank you both for your help :)

mshobie

Reaction score
All of a sudden I have what appears to be a "bug" with a smiley face in the notification bar across the top of my Droid. Why is it there and who can I remove it. It seems to represent a "market app. I already have one on my homescreen.