Icons, gmail, and email

toddmc518

Reaction score
Hello-

I have a duplicate gmail icon and a duplicate email icon on my main screens. I reviewed the other posts on how to delete (hold and drag to trash). I am able to drag to the trash however, the icons stay. I've also read that I need to manually delete the app. I am concerned that deleting these apps will delete the entire programs rather deleting one of the duplicate icons.

Are there apps for making calls through wi-fi without using skype? I know T-mobile had that option on their bb.

Any suggestions on free apps that have classic phone ringtones (i.e. old-school push button or rotary phones). The basic ringtones that come with the Droid are limited.

Best Regards,
Todd

Last edited:

jgumphress

Reaction score
You won't delete the app that way anyway. It only delets the icon from the home screen. You have to hold the icon and hover it over the trash until it turns red then let go. If you release it before it turns red it does just jump back.

As for ring tones you don't need an app for that, it's a Droid not an iP****. Get any ring sound off the net that you like, Google is your friend there, and drag and drop it to you SD card in the ring tone folder. Create a folder and name it audio. In that folder create three folders name them notifications, ringtones, and alarms (all lower case. Put your sounds in the folder(s) you you want them in and you have it.

OP
T

toddmc518

Reaction score
Gmail and apps

That did it. Thanks for the quick response.
Regards.