icons disappearing from home screens... lil help

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
My first real issue with my Droid.... started this morning... checked my uptime and saw it was only 5hrs, so it must have rebooted overnight... later i was rearranging icons then I noticed a lil later that icons started coming up missing and now they are ALL gone... I've rebooted twice and they came back... but they keep leaving, anybody know what's up?

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... did a search on this no real answers... for any smart asses out there... gotta beat them to the punch LOL.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This will bring them back without a restart..

settings > applications > manage applications > [menu button] > filter > running > "Home" > force stop.

Do you have any app killers running and set to auto kill?

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
BnB... After hitting the home button, I'm not getting the force stop... or is this something I have to do manually?

pudah

Reaction score
I had this happen twice today. I've never had a problem before. For me I would use the phone just fine, then let it sit and the screen would lock/turn off. When I unlock the screen I see the wallpaper and can navigate from home screen to home screen just fine. I can also open the app tray and see all apps, and access the settings menu. However, the homescreen icons are ALL gone. I power the phone down and back on, and they're back. Let the phone sit, unlock the screen and they're gone again. This time I powered down, pulled the battery, and turned the phone back on. So far so good, but we'll see with time. I also noticed the icon for the SD card showing up for no reason today, so I don't know if that's related. The only recent apps I installed are: Shop Savvy and Tricorder and updates to Draw and Iheartradio. I don't know if it's related or not, but I also noticed that a bunch of apps running at startup than normal. It used to be when I'd turn the phone on and check ATK there'd be the google stuff, and a few apps running. Now a ton of things, that have been installed forever and never would start when I turned the phone on, are all running.

Microweb4

Reaction score
Same Problem Recently

I just started having this problem on a regular basis. The home screen icons disappear and I either have to do a Force Stop or restart the phone, but it reoccurs.

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem. Someone mentioned there was a problem with a Task Killer?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you all running the Stock home-screen or a replacement Home-screen? Also what home-screen plugins/widgets are you running. Sounds like a bad update from something on the screen (either widget or screen app).

Laity1

Reaction score

settings > applications > manage applications > [menu button] > filter > running > "Home" > force stop.

Do you have any app killers running and set to auto kill?

This works. It takes a few moments. After hitting the force stop, I hit HOME and wait. The icons come back. Thanks!!

chomorro

Reaction score
Same problem here, i tried using app killer and killing one at a time but no go. Only restart or force close will fix it. OEM Home screen here

Just recently started happening alot

scratchiti

Reaction score
I've also been having the same issues, and also only recently. Tried restarting, taking battery out, etc. Sometimes these things would work, sometimes not. Seems to have been fine for about 36 hours now. Only thing that I did new to my phone was install the "Ring Toggle Widget" and place it on a home screen. Did anyone else do this? Is this possibly a common thread to the problem?

I'm running the standard Android 2.0.1 home screen.

Chillson

Reaction score

Thanks, this really helped me out. Does anyone know why this happens? I dont have any task manager killer applications running either.

drewshaver

Reaction score
this happened to me a bit ago, then i unistalled some of the most recent apps i had downloaded, and it went away. no doubt an app shouldnt be able to cause this, but looks like that was happening. i would try that and then once it seems to have gone away bring the apps back 1 at a time.

pudah

Reaction score
this happened to me a bit ago, then i unistalled some of the most recent apps i had downloaded, and it went away. no doubt an app shouldnt be able to cause this, but looks like that was happening. i would try that and then once it seems to have gone away bring the apps back 1 at a time.

Do you happen to know what apps you deleted?