1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Icons are slow to appear on home pages

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Imemine, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Imemine

Imemine New Member

I have had my Motodroid since November 2009 and love it. But it seems ever since the 2.2 upgrade when I change from email to home screen or any program to home screen, it takes 30 seconds or longer for the icons to come back onto the screen. It didn't bother me at first but now that I don't have a landline, it would be nice to have it show the icons faster so I can make a phone call if I need too quickly.

I know it's from the 2.2 update because I noticed it immediately. It just bothers me more now.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

M
  2. m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3 New Member

Probably the processor. The D2 is on 2.2 and it doesn't do that but my D1 did.

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2
  3. mr_silent

mr_silent New Member

Your low on memory. Try using swapper2 or compcache, also keeping your cache clean once a day(morning, is best) is good for preventing these things.

The processor may be able to overclock to be just as fast as the droid 2. The problem is often RAM related as the droid1 only has half the RAM of the droid2
    Sent from my Milestone 1 using Droid Forums app
Search tags for this page
android 2.3 icons slow to appear
android icon appear slowly
android icons slow to appear
android slow icon show up

droid icons slow to appear

galaxy nexus icons slow to appear
icons are slow to appear android
slow appearing of icons on my android
when changing screens on android phone, apps reappear slowly