IconChangeWidget - FINALLY you can rename apps to NOTHING on your screen!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I found this app in the market this morning. i tried the lite and paid version ($1.14 US). the lite version allows you to take the name off but not change the icon. the paid version lets you select a pic from your gallery. i don't see an option to open an icon pack from the market. hopefully the dev adds that option soon. for now tho, i know lots of you would LOVE to have just the icon and no name.

IconChangeWidget v1.0 Application for Android | Tools

ok i just restarted my droid and at first thought the icon disappeared. after about 5 seconds it showed up.

also please note that this is a WIDGET.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thats very cool.

Helix launcher also now lets you remove the name of the apps. And they stay as apps, not widgets.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sweet i didn't know that lol thanks

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Thats very cool.

Helix launcher also now lets you remove the name of the apps. And they stay as apps, not widgets.

Is that just in the launcher though?

I think he saying you can do this on the desktop with this app.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
Thats very cool.

is this helix launcher 1 or helix launcher 2? cuz i have 1 and i dont see that in the settings...

Droidfish

Reaction score
Only version 1.3 of helix allows you to remove the icon names, and I don't believe it's available in the market yet. Donors have access to it, although I bet it won't be long until that feature makes it's way into the public version.

IconChange Widget looks pretty cool, I like the ability to edit app names. Thanks Corina!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Only version 1.3 of helix allows you to remove the icon names, and I don't believe it's available in the market yet. Donors have access to it, although I bet it won't be long until that feature makes it's way into the public version.

So what other features does the donate version of Helix have that the market app doesn't???

Droidfish

Reaction score
Basically, donating gives you access to the dev's depository, allowing you to download the latest beta versions before release as well as all previous versions of the app.

The only added features of Helix 1.3 is the ability to hide the app labels under the icons, hide the notification bar giving you full screen, and the ability to assign any of the 1-7 screens as the default home(nice if you use an even number of screens)

Sorry to go off topic:)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thats cool man. I hear that the paid "Folder Organizer" also lets you chane the names of apps, among other things like placing them in widget folders and such.

Funny cause I just this morning started a thread asking how do you edit an APK file to change the name of the app... still no good responses. I like that some apps can do it, but I am the type of guy that wants to go right to the source and change things...

cplus

Reaction score
hmmm...

I have Helix2 free from the market and it allows me to remove icon names perfectly.

cplus

Reaction score
I have Helix2 free from the market and it allows me to remove icon names perfectly.

Well how do you go about it?

From the home screen, press your settings button [that looks like four horizontal lines.]

Press configure. (lower left)

Look under 'Icons (Requires Restart)' section and check the box that says 'Hide Icon Titles.'

Restart Launcher2

There, and it looks great. Clean.

g8gt2012

Reaction score

From the home screen, press your settings button [that looks like four horizontal lines.]

Look under 'Icons (Requires Restart)' section and check the box that says 'Hide Icon Titles.'

Restart Launcher2

You can also remove shortcut titles, just un-check the box below the icon one. I use it to take of the names from the app organizer app. Very clean looking screens as a result.

Now if only widget names can be taken off (like BW silent)...:icon_ banana:

cplus

Reaction score

Restart Launcher2

You can also remove shortcut titles, just un-check the box below the icon one. I use it to take of the names from the app organizer app. Very clean looking screens as a result.

couldn't you extract the apk and modify the pngs for the widget, resign and install?

g8gt2012

Reaction score

Restart Launcher2

couldn't you extract the apk and modify the pngs for the widget, resign and install?

That sounds like it could work, but I have no idea how to edit pngs or anything of the sort. Was looking into trying it out to make some icons and edit pngs but realized that I have no clue how to do that stuff.