icon view like datebk6?

mikeg

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just got my droid yesterday. My previous phone was a Treo 755p and I had datebk6 and really liked the i?con view. Does the droid have an app like that available?

Also, how do I add birthdays to my contacts?

Thnks in advance.
Mikeg

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forums.
You can add birthdays in Gmail contacts.

Not sure about your other question.

wernst

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just got my droid yesterday. My previous phone was a Treo 755p and I had datebk6 and really liked the i?con view. Does the droid have an app like that available?

Also, how do I add birthdays to my contacts?

Thnks in advance.
Mikeg

I'm a 16 year PalmOS user. I was a fan a Agendus, which also had a monthly icon view.

The best Android alternative I have found is Calendar Pad, which is free. It displays week and month views in a way that actually displays the text of your calender entries. I prefer my old Icons, but I find that this is good enough.

-Warr

OP
M

mikeg

Reaction score
You're right, calendar pad is much better. Thanks for the tip!

OP
M

mikeg

Reaction score
True since Palm isn't looking out for us. I was disappointed when I checked out the Pre +. It had such potential but it fell flat in my opinion.

nighthawk700

Reaction score
Another DateBk6 user here (on my Treo 600 and Centro). If you go one up to Calendar Pad Pro (I think it came to like $2 after the conversion from Yen) then if you use multiple calendars in Google, Pro will display the different calendars in their different colors (all on one screen/calendar). So I have all my work stuff in green, my family stuff in red, my personal stuff in blue, holidays in a greenish yellow, etc.

I still miss the icons, but coloring appointments by category was something I also took advantage of in DateBk6, so it's closer.

wernst

Reaction score
The free version displays different Google Calendars with their different colors too.

I know because I'm looking at 'em right now.

-Warr

nighthawk700

Reaction score
It wasn't so clear on the preview screens when I compared them. Anyway, I'm happy with the look, and sending the developer $2 for his work didn't hurt too much. :) When I pointed out one error to him/her, it was fixed the next day. (if you had an event that started and ended at the same time the text was garbled as it actually displayed them overlapping each other. He changed it so it only displayed the time once.)

rubenyr

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little stale, but as a long time Datebk5 and Agendus user, I've also been looking for a decent calendar app since getting my Droid, and found Jorte (free on the market), which integrates memos, todos, calendar. I prefer it to Calendar Pad.

Also, Iamic has committed to making Agendus for Android, so there is hope still for a full featured Android PIM. Agendus for Android MyTouch? - iambic Community Forums Maybe wouldn't hurt to go over there and post some encouragement to the developers. :)

wa2ddl

Reaction score
on an island off the Florida coast (Hutchinson)
We PalmOS refugees need to stick together. ;-)

-Warr

...I am also from Palm and loved the clie NX80V. I still have 2 or 3 of them lying around collecting dust...with every accessory you could ask for.

The Datebk 6 was the bomb and I stuck with palm for quite a while because of that app alone.

If you find something even close. let me know. I am placing deposit money tomorrow for the Droid X; then throwing my BB storm into the lake.

Let's all say "ker-plunk"