Icon on status bar

pfwright

Reaction score
I have an icon that I do not know what it is on the status bar (right side). I looks like a underlined w with a half circle over it.

Thanks

Newbie Pam
Droid X

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you give us a screenshot? :welcome: to the forum Pam!

OP
P

pfwright

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted--the screenshot apps were for rooted phones.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There was another thread on this one same icon they never found out what it was I don't think. When you pull the notification bar down does it not give you more info on it?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

What does the icon look like and on what side of the notification bar is it?

The left side of the bar is notifications for apps, msg's, etc while the right side is system or ongoing processes...

Does this help?

http://motorola-global-eng.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/phonestatusnotificationsdroidx.jpg
Info from thread on DroidXForums.com...
What do the icons on my phone mean?

At the top of the screen, icons on the left notify you about new messages or events (flick the bar down for details). Icons on the right tell you about phone status.
Notification icons report the arrival of new messages, calendar events, alarms, as well as ongoing events, such as when call forwarding is on or the current call status. When you receive a notification, its icon and a brief summary appear in the status bar, and then is replaced just by its icon.
You can open the Notifications panel to view a list of all your notifications. Applications whose activities produce notifications, such as Gmail and Google Talk, have their own settings you can use to configure whether and how they send notifications.
Below is a list of notifications and status icons:

Uploading data SD card is full Download complete Voicemail Message Connected to VPN Disconnected from VPN New Email Message
Volume Problem with message delivery
Problem with sign in or sync Upcoming Event
Phone Connected via USB cable Tip: To see today’s date, tap and hold the status indicators.

OP
P

pfwright

Reaction score

What does the icon look like and on what side of the notification bar is it?

The left side of the bar is notifications for apps, msg's, etc while the right side is system or ongoing processes...

Does this help?

Info from thread on DroidXForums.com...
What do the icons on my phone mean?

At the top of the screen, icons on the left notify you about new messages or events (flick the bar down for details). Icons on the right tell you about phone status.
Notification icons report the arrival of new messages, calendar events, alarms, as well as ongoing events, such as when call forwarding is on or the current call status. When you receive a notification, its icon and a brief summary appear in the status bar, and then is replaced just by its icon.
You can open the Notifications panel to view a list of all your notifications. Applications whose activities produce notifications, such as Gmail and Google Talk, have their own settings you can use to configure whether and how they send notifications.
Below is a list of notifications and status icons:

Uploading data SD card is full Download complete Voicemail Message Connected to VPN Disconnected from VPN New Email Message
Volume Problem with message delivery
Problem with sign in or sync Upcoming Event
Phone Connected via USB cable Tip: To see today’s date, tap and hold the status indicators.
It is none of these. It is on the right side of the notification bar--the unknown icon, 3g icon, strength bar, battery icon and then time.

RuggerJoe

Reaction score
That is TTY Mode. It's for the hearing impared. You can turn it off under call settings.

Does anyone else find the documentation for the droid a little lacking? I couldn't even find what the different colors for the indicator lights mean in the Manual that I had to download. Love the phone though.

Last edited:
OP
P

pfwright

Reaction score
That is TTY Mode. It's for the hearing impared. You can turn it off under call settings.

Does anyone else find the documentation for the droid a little lacking? I couldn't even find what the different colors for the indicator lights mean in the Manual that I had to download. Love the phone though.

TY!!!!!!!!!!! I is fixed, sad that the VZN store did not know what it was!!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
How should they know if it's not any where in the manual

I was thinking at one time if you registered on the Motorola website, you could request a more "in depth" manual for the X than the one that was downloadable and VZW brandable...

RuggerJoe

Reaction score

I was thinking at one time if you registered on the Motorola website, you could request a more "in depth" manual for the X than the one that was downloadable and VZW brandable...

I'm hoping thats the case and just ordered one. Hopefully it is a full manual and not just a hard copy of the manual I have in PDF. The PDF manual doesn't even show that there are indicator lights next to the speaker let alone what they mean.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I'm hoping thats the case and just ordered one. Hopefully it is a full manual and not just a hard copy of the manual I have in PDF. The PDF manual doesn't even show that there are indicator lights next to the speaker let alone what they mean.

I was looking for the link where I had seen it posted...I remember someone posting about it on the DroidXForums.com but I have not located it yet...I can remember the post because he referenced himself as "old school" and wanting the manual...definitely let us know when you get :)..

RuggerJoe

Reaction score
Well it's the same manual that I downloaded in PDF. It's pretty much useless. There is more on the bloatware that they load on the phone than on the phone it's self.