Ice Cream Sandwich Update for Original Moto Razr...???

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by mthorn79, Dec 7, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. mthorn79

mthorn79 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Read this article on Moto's Site & just glanced over the Ice Cream Sandwich details & phone list & came across something odd. They mention the Droid Razr of course getting the update but after that they mention the Moto Razr...as in the original Razr? I assumed the Droid Razr was the only one in the lineup of Razr badged phones that ran Android. Am I wrong?

Check it out...

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. cfaber

cfaber Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah that appears to be a typo, as it's not listed and definitely won't run on the original POS razr =)
  3. tclarktc

tclarktc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Somebody already cracked into onto an old droid. Super slow, no wifi, and the apps are sluggish as hell.
  4. mthorn79

mthorn79 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Well I may have gotten to the bottom of it, I went to the Motodev website & noticed they had one labeled just Razr (XT910) & one labeled Droid Razr (XT912). Looked exactly the same except for the Radio band & Data band specs on the Droid Razr have alot more frequencies than the XT910. Also the Droid version is EvDo & other version is EDGE/HSDPA/HSUPA. Looks like one is US & other is a European version.

MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    We know there will be other RAZR's out (RAZRMAXX and I'm sure more to come), so I don't doubt that Motorola employees are already referring to our unit as the Original RAZR.