1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ice Cream Sandwich Update for Original Moto Razr...???

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by mthorn79, Dec 7, 2011.

1. mthorn79

mthorn79 New Member

Read this article on Moto's Site & just glanced over the Ice Cream Sandwich details & phone list & came across something odd. They mention the Droid Razr of course getting the update but after that they mention the Moto Razr...as in the original Razr? I assumed the Droid Razr was the only one in the lineup of Razr badged phones that ran Android. Am I wrong?

Check it out...

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  2. cfaber

cfaber New Member

Yeah that appears to be a typo, as it's not listed and definitely won't run on the original POS razr =)
  3. tclarktc

tclarktc New Member

Somebody already cracked into onto an old droid. Super slow, no wifi, and the apps are sluggish as hell.
  4. mthorn79

mthorn79 New Member

Well I may have gotten to the bottom of it, I went to the Motodev website & noticed they had one labeled just Razr (XT910) & one labeled Droid Razr (XT912). Looked exactly the same except for the Radio band & Data band specs on the Droid Razr have alot more frequencies than the XT910. Also the Droid version is EvDo & other version is EDGE/HSDPA/HSUPA. Looks like one is US & other is a European version.

MOTODEV > Products > Compare Motorola Products
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. Zandar

Zandar New Member

We know there will be other RAZR's out (RAZRMAXX and I'm sure more to come), so I don't doubt that Motorola employees are already referring to our unit as the Original RAZR.