1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[APPS] Ice Cream Sandwich Themed Pandora

Discussion in 'yakitori' started by yakitori, Feb 15, 2012.

1. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Presenting IC5 Pandora tweakers edition.

I personally hated the pandora widget backgrounds...and the buttons are just too plain to me. The splash screen is horrific as well. I wanted to change all that. So I would like to introduce to you IC5 Pandora.

Will port to new releases as soon as possible. Its a lot of work putting this together, so if you really enjoy it and use it daily...a minor token of appreciation would be greatly appreciated! Support my work button under avatar...or buy me a whiskey and coke. Love me some bourbon. Thats probably one of the few times Ive ever even mentioned it lol. :biggrin:

if you have installed market version....uninstall it and install mine as a regular apk.

*** All apps have been png optimized, zip aligned, signed, and thumbs.db deleted to provide the smallest footprint Im capable of providing. I managed to get stock down to a smaller footprint too! :).

6 people like this.
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Looks sick as always!!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. noto

noto New Member

Nice work! What sound widget is that on your screen?
    1 person likes this.
  4. yakitori

Audio Manager Pro with BMICS widget skin. Its paid too, but I just skinned it myself by looking at the market preview. Being a themer I cant bring myself to buy a skin lol. Ill do it. However...Im no app dev. lol. Ive been trying to learn, but its hard to swing with my job.

Broke down and bought the paid version....couldn't be happier. Use it daily. One of those apps that's worth more than the market price.
  5. NUNsLAUGHTER92

NUNsLAUGHTER92 New Member

This looks great!

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."
  6. wicked

wicked Administrator Staff Member

Good stuff! :biggrin:
  7. yakitori

Plea the fifth. Cant discuss either of those. :painkiller:
  8. NUNsLAUGHTER92

Haha, okaaaaay. Thank you though.

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."
  9. yakitori

10. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks good, thanks yak!!
  11. Tesler32

Tesler32 New Member

This themed APK works great on my GNex but on my Xoom with 4.0.3 I don't get any of the theme other than the blue icon in the app drawer. I have tired to clear cache after uninstall and then install theme apk and still no go. Any Ideas I use Pandora daily on the xoom would love this theme on here. Thanks
  12. yakitori

Its nothing youve done...or can to. I did not optimize for tablets. However...I just did. so try it and please report back. I dont have access to a tablet till later this evening.
  13. yakitori

Test on tablet...didn't force close on my phone. I can't test on tablet till this evening so this is a test version. If all is well....it will be supported on future releases

PandoraTabletTest

This is not png optimized yet. It is zip aligned. I cant use apktool on my desktop at work because I cannot install java. No admin rights.

However...it is usable as is...the only thing png optimization will do is shrink the apk to a smaller memory footprint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  14. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Works great on my Vizio Vtab! Layout is correct, look forward to reducing the size a bit. Nice work.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums
  15. yakitori

just an update. Will work on this when I get home, but I did png optimize the app...not much a difference in terms of size.

only like 0.1 mb smaller.

pretty crazy how much a difference that makes just by theme for tablets is added. For this reason...I may be separating Tablet and Phone apks. Nonetheless...the tablet will work on the phone...but the phone versions will not be themed on the tablet.
  16. NUNsLAUGHTER92

How do you optimize the .png's, is it a program you use?
    Edit: and what's up with the way quotes work on this forum? They don't look right at all (on tapatalk)

17. yakitori

Apktool

18. yakitori

udated OP with new links.

New format.... The regular phone app is listed first. Tablet version is listed for tablets. The tablet one will work on phones...its just a larger app.

Both apps have been png optimized, zip aligned, and signed. They are larger than the stock version...because they are full of beauty. lol...playin.

Im considering png optimize and zip align the stock version too...see if it will shrink even more than the stock size of 1.74mb. Phone one is 2.4 mb, tablet is 3.3 mb. Roughly.

EDIT: I was able to shrink the stock version down from 1.74 mb to 1.61 mb. Not huge...but pretty significant considering png optimization, zip align, etc. I was impressed. Didnt think it would shrink as much.
  19. yakitori

Holy hell....don't download yet. I noticed the apktool put friggen thumb.db files in all the folders... ranging from 5kb to 15+. Gonna delete all of em...resign and see how much smaller it is.

Sigh

20. yakitori

ok...sorry for all the posts. lol.

This is NEW info for me. Never paid enough mind to it. I will from now on though.

png optimization adds a thumbs.db file in any folder that contains images that have been optimized. This file takes up space. The more images that are in a folder...the larger the thumbs.db file will be. One of the folders had a 77.5 kb thumbs.db file in it. Sure...not considered a HUGE file...but...considering that there is a lot of images...they add up. I am working on the others, but I just managed to png optimize, zip align, delete all the thumbs.db from the app...and it made it even smaller. Not a lot, but still...worth it to me. Im the kind of person that doesnt see a point in having unnecessary stuff in the app. I shrunk it down to 2.27 MB...pretty considerable drop from such a minor thing...it was 2.64 or something at first...png optimized dropped it to 2.42....deleting the thumbs.db got it down to 2.27. Not bad for an app that is 1.74 to begin with. Especially with all the images Ive changed in it.

Ill edit the OP when Im done.
    Sorry for the rant. Just sharing my experience and knowledge from what I learn as I go. I am going to work on the stock one some too...and the tablet. See how much smaller each of them get.

the stock one did not generate any thumbs.db files...so it cant be shrunk anymore than 1.62 mb. Still smaller though.
Search tags for this page
bad seed customs pandora apk
dowbload pandora ics apk
dropbox fullblack pandora

ics pandora

ics pandora v1.7.apk

ics themed pandora

pandora
pandora 4.5.1 unlimited skips
pandora 5.1.1 unlimited skips apk

pandora ics

pandora ics apk